New Yanmar/Cub subcut...Finally!

/ New Yanmar/Cub subcut...Finally! #1  

viking65

Banned
It's safe to buy a Cub subcut...The SC2400

49463.JPG

Now that Yanmar is making them. I hope MTD did not have much input on this tractor!!

I don't know much about it. I would guess it is a reskinned JD 2305. If that is the case, it will be a solid machine.

MTD should send every 5000 series that are still in stock to the crusher!!

It looks like they retained the 60" cub cadet deck, just painted it black. That was the best thing about the 5000 series. That is one very good mower deck.

/ New Yanmar/Cub subcut...Finally! #2  
I'm anxious to see the Yanmar/Cubbies at my local dealer. Noting yet last time i stopped in. These should certainly be a great machine.

/ New Yanmar/Cub subcut...Finally! #3  
Most of Cub's SCUT/CUT's have had sound designs on paper, the problem has been getting the quality to a level where it should be on the manufacturing end, and this is where Yanmar comes to their rescue- they truly have the expertise when it comes to making compact tractors.

Cub's previous tractors have used way too much outsourcing to other tractor and component companies. This makes getting good service nearly impossible because there is too much finger pointing as to who is at fault for the problems, and a nightmare for service technicians who become mind boggled with too many different names to have to work on. I just can't see how Cub could outsource to four or five different tractor suppliers and expect to have any sort of quality control over what was going on.

Hopefully some Yanmar people will have input with Cub's LGT lineup also, which also could use some help on the manufacturing/quality level. Then if they get all the tractor lines assembled in the USA (which I believe is the plan) they will really have a good thing going, and not get left behind by Deere and Kubota which was the road they were heading down.

-Fordlords-

/ New Yanmar/Cub subcut...Finally! #4  
Yanmars influence with Cub is huge to say the least. They were at the introduction in force and there design people were also there. I think it is a good marriage of brands and will bring Cadet back in as a player. The MTD company is very happy on the corporate level to bring the Cadets to this Quality level.

Mtd and Cadet have introduced some revolutionay ideas and plans recently and I feel that they will have some good gains in the market place from them. Like most new concepts some become winners and some are just there with no players or reception.

/ New Yanmar/Cub subcut...Finally! #5  
I am sure the Yanmar influence in these is making them the best on the market! I just am not too excited about that alien looking hood with the fish eye grille! That is not what I'd call smart styling! Good thing it'll be such a great machine, cuz it aint gonna sell on looks alone IMHO