Mowing New Z445

/ New Z445 #1  

truegreen

Tractor
Way too many to mention!!
Just purchased a brand new John Deere Z445 Zero turn (54") with a 27 hp Briggs engine and dual hydro's and it runs like a charm!!
Only one complaint is the deck wash system which is a bit of a joke but otherwise its a beauty!!

/ New Z445 #2  
The deck wash port sounds like a good thing at first, but I don't have an area in my yard where I want that wet grass mess. I think I would rather let it dry and stick to the bottom of the deck and then scrape it out at the end of the season.

/ New Z445 #3  
The deck wash port sounds like a good thing at first, but I don't have an area in my yard where I want that wet grass mess. I think I would rather let it dry and stick to the bottom of the deck and then scrape it out at the end of the season.

I only use it every couple of weeks and there never really seems to be much grass left on the asphalt. Mostly, it looks like a bunch of green water running away. Maybe I am lucky and it isn't sticking to the bottom of the deck yet.

Anyway, even if it did come off on the asphalt, I would either let it dry and sweep it away or just hose it off the asphalt. No big deal.

Just finished putting 0.6 hours on the mower and have nearly 10 hours on it so far. Still like the speed with which it mows the lawn for me. It was a great buy. Now, I'm starting to shop for a tractor.