newbe

/ newbe #1  

gregsmassey

hi all. i just purchased my first massey, it is a 50c with loader and backhoe. it runs great but i am having some transmission problems. it has the instant reverse tranney, it seems to be slipping. so my question is... is there a way to adjust this transmission? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ newbe #2  
I can't tell you how to fix the problem, but I have driven several MF50c's and they are a good tractor. The person that you need to talk to is Big Dean Austin. Dean's web site It's not real easy around his web site, but he has a lot about MF tractors there which includes Industrial. He will answer your e-mail.

/ newbe #3  
Hi,

Big Dean is one smart cookie, a MF GURU so to speak. He also has CD's that he has done for a variety of MF tractors, ask him, he may have one for yours!!

Take care

Will

/ newbe
Thanks Guys
I have e-mailed Dean and he is giving me some much needed help. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ newbe
looks like i'll be splitting her apart!!!
i now have a manual and whole lotta nut & bolt turning
ahead of me. don't sound to bad, nothing a gallon of gas and a match couldn't fix /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif anyway maybe this weekend i'll start turnig wrenches. mf dealer 1 mile down the road i'm $ure he will be my new be$t friend...

/ newbe #7  
Greg,
One point, don't forget to block the front axle on both sides. If you don't the front half of your tractor can flop over on you.

/ newbe
Yes, thanks, i spoke with Dean and ordered his cd to go along with the service manual. he has given me pointers along the way while trying to trouble shoot the problem. when i tear into it this week end i will probably will have a few more questions for Dean. He is alot of help!

/ newbe
Well i got it split this past weekend... found a few things had come un-wound. torque converter being the worst thing to find bad... was. it looked like someone threw all of the parts in a blender and turned it on to the milkshake setting. aluminum/steel shavings everywhere had to pull the clutch packs apart and clean them all out, replace all steels and clutch disks, new front pump. misc. gaskets filters o-rings and rebuild kit parts and i'm good to go. still waiting on the converter to arive. all else installed and ready to be put back together. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif