newbie looking for some guidance

/ newbie looking for some guidance
welp, just got back from the dealer. spent several hours playing around on B2920 and L3700 (the B3200 he had is off with their display at the county fair)

end result is we're a lot more comfortable with the L than we were before. I think the discomfort we were feeling was just kind of a gut reaction to sitting up so high. to top that off, at his quotes, the price jump from B2920 to L3700 is only ~$2700. seems like I'd be getting a lot more for not that much more money.

I told him I wanted to sleep on it and would call in the morning with the final word. he's got papers drawn up for the L3700, just waiting for my ok.

with delivery and all he is about $1100 more than barlow's on the 3700. I've been really happy with how he treated us, no pressure at all, let us play around all we wanted, very helpful...so I'm inclined to go with him, but 1100 is still a decent chunk of change. *shrug* gotta think about that part a bit.

/ newbie looking for some guidance #42  
I'm glad you found something you like. When shopping for my M Series, I saw a L3700 on a local lot and was pretty impressed with it as to value and features though I didn't give it a full inspection.

$1,100 sure is a lot of money. My local dealer has however more than made up for any cost difference with personalized service, so I buy locally; hard decision.

/ newbie looking for some guidance #43  
Did you also get a quote on the L3700 from Barlow to help with your local negotiation? I did notice you said you had a quote on the 2920. When I talked to my local dealer, the advertisements I had that made the most impact were those for the same equipment.

I had several L2800 ads and a couple L3700SU ads. When I added the MSRP difference between the L2800 and L3700SU to the L2800 ads, the package price including the MSRP difference was lower than my lowest L3700 ads. This comparison has nothing to do with the reality of dealer costs, I realize, but I figured it would at least give me a comparative value ballpark. My dealer barely acknowledged the L2800 ads and easily beat my L3700SU ads, including one from Barlow.

Whichever way you go on dealer selection, I suspect you will be happier with the L3700SU vs the B2920 or the B3200 for your work.

I got quotes from Barlow's for B2920, B3200, and L3700, all with R4s, loader, BH, thumb

I didn't realise this earlier but oddly enough his quote is $100 *less* for the B3200 than the B2920. wierd?

the local guy's quote was actually a little better than Barlow's for the 2920, but $1100 worse for the 3700. I just emailed him back with an offer $500 more than Barlow for the 3700, we'll see what he says. I'm definitely willing to pay that for the excellent local service. more than that and I need to think a bit.

he didn't quite take it but came close enough, so the trigger is pulled. he has to order the hoe so it'll be a week or two. I'll post pictures when it comes. Thanks again everyone for the help!