Newbie: Operating midmount mower with rough terrain

/ Newbie: Operating midmount mower with rough terrain #1  

rhatfiel

Bronze Member
Tractor
2018 LS XJ2025H
This forum has been invaluable to me as a novice to the tractor world. We just built a house on 3.5 acres of old farm land and I bought a 2018 LS XJ2025 with 60 midmount mower and a Kodiak SD 48 rotary cutter.

In the spring i plan to use a box blade and rent a rototiller to prep for seed around the disturbed area from construction, and i would like to mow the rest of the land consisting of weeds (e.g. wild parsnip and similar) to see if grass will come up on its own further from the house. There are some rough areas that I would like to use the box blade to smooth, but my question is...

Is there any concern using the midmount mower in these areas especially where there is rough terrain? Does the midmount give at all over these areas? How do others use a midmount mower to ensure the terrain does not damage the mower or the tractor?

Thanks in advance.

/ Newbie: Operating midmount mower with rough terrain #2  
This forum has been invaluable to me as a novice to the tractor world. We just built a house on 3.5 acres of old farm land and I bought a 2018 LS XJ2025 with 60 midmount mower and a Kodiak SD 48 rotary cutter.

Use that for the rough areas until you get the rest smoothed out and groomed as lawn.

/ Newbie: Operating midmount mower with rough terrain #3  
A mmm is more robust than a riding mower but a far cry from a rotary cutter. It’s best to use the rotary in non yard areas.

/ Newbie: Operating midmount mower with rough terrain #4  
Far as mowing rough area just go slow be ready to stop or raise mower quickly,if was me smooth the spots in question blades decks parts $$"s can add up quick.