Newbie Waiting for my Grand L3560 to be delivered

/ Newbie Waiting for my Grand L3560 to be delivered
I haven't ever had a CAB. Never really saw the need. The jury is still out on it. Good Carharts are hard to beat.
Will it be to cumbersome while changing implements?
Will it be to restrictive to see from?
Will I be able to hop off and on like always?

Then I realized I might be getting old.
Clear the Drive in my PJs. Sounds good.
Clearing all the neighbors drives(not in my PJs), just because it's comfy. I'm ok with that.
Not have my eyes swollen for 2 days after pushing thru my mowing chores too quickly. Sounds Grand.

/ Newbie Waiting for my Grand L3560 to be delivered #12  
LoysToys, I've operated cab tractors since 1998, but also kept open station as well. My allergies and breathing problems now keep me off open station machines, so I really have no choice. My brother, only slightly younger than I had never driven a cab tractor until last year when surgery put me down for a while and he helped my sons maintain our farms, he lives close by and maintains another of our farms with several open station machines. Much to his surprise, he likes cab units and even more surprising likes my HST.

He did not encounter the problems with cabs he anticipated and sure appreciates the filtered air. He's pretty frugal and has good open station units he'll never wear out, so I don't see him buying a new tractor, but he has sure changed his mind on cab units.

As to changing implements, he uses a quick hitch and hydraulic tp[ link, so not much difference between cab and open station. On my 5740, you can rech through the back glass with a slotted piece of PVC pipe to control my 3PH as well as TnT. I don't often change implements, so I just get one of my sons to help.

Enjoy your new tractor.

/ Newbie Waiting for my Grand L3560 to be delivered #13  
I'll start with my disclaimer,,,,,, I'm a bit jealous of the cab guys......

With that said, if you are on/off your tractor many, many times a day, an open station is better. Unless,,,,, you are plagued with allergies or other problems that make operating the open station a health hazard.

Generally, I think cabs are an example of how we are getting spoiled. I know several local cattle ranchers that have went to cabs over the past few years. They are after the environmental comfort. They will also accept and deal with the logistical obstacles.

Did I mention I'm jealous of the cab guys??

If only I could figure out a way to keep the windows intact....... ;)

LoysToys, I've operated cab tractors since 1998, but also kept open station as well. My allergies and breathing problems now keep me off open station machines, so I really have no choice. My brother, only slightly younger than I had never driven a cab tractor until last year when surgery put me down for a while and he helped my sons maintain our farms, he lives close by and maintains another of our farms with several open station machines. Much to his surprise, he likes cab units and even more surprising likes my HST.

He did not encounter the problems with cabs he anticipated and sure appreciates the filtered air. He's pretty frugal and has good open station units he'll never wear out, so I don't see him buying a new tractor, but he has sure changed his mind on cab units.

As to changing implements, he uses a quick hitch and hydraulic tp[ link, so not much difference between cab and open station. On my 5740, you can rech through the back glass with a slotted piece of PVC pipe to control my 3PH as well as TnT. I don't often change implements, so I just get one of my sons to help.

Enjoy your new tractor.

Well TripleR, I think I'm going to be OK with learning the alternate methods of working with the CAB. I really appreciate your tip with the PVC pipe. I'll put that to use right away. I initially planned for a quick hitch, but upon closer inspection it looks like the quick hitch would cause major challenges when connecting/disconnecting the PTO shaft. Anybody have input on that subject?

I'll start with my disclaimer,,,,,, I'm a bit jealous of the cab guys......

With that said, if you are on/off your tractor many, many times a day, an open station is better. Unless,,,,, you are plagued with allergies or other problems that make operating the open station a health hazard.

Generally, I think cabs are an example of how we are getting spoiled. I know several local cattle ranchers that have went to cabs over the past few years. They are after the environmental comfort. They will also accept and deal with the logistical obstacles.

Did I mention I'm jealous of the cab guys??

If only I could figure out a way to keep the windows intact....... ;)

OH!!! Don't Jinx me on breaking windows.:eek:

/ Newbie Waiting for my Grand L3560 to be delivered #16  
OH!!! Don't Jinx me on breaking windows.:eek:

It can happen, I messed my top up and my brother fabricated some guards for me, but they are too light for the kind of work Richard does, I have my brother bring up one of our open stations for any wooly stuff.

/ Newbie Waiting for my Grand L3560 to be delivered #17  
Larry, the 5740 is looking formidable!!!! Love the new attachment as well!!! No one can accuse us of not stimulating the economy huh!!!! :D

/ Newbie Waiting for my Grand L3560 to be delivered #18  
Larry, the 5740 is looking formidable!!!! Love the new attachment as well!!! No one can accuse us of not stimulating the economy huh!!!! :D

Sure can't and I doubt either one of us is through.:licking:

/ Newbie Waiting for my Grand L3560 to be delivered #19  
Mines been sitting at the dealer waiting for Whole goods to come in since first week of April. Can’t wait much longer, I’m 43 and work a physical factory job so it’s time for some help at home.
IMG_3679.jpg