NH TC18 or BX2200

/ NH TC18 or BX2200 #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am considering buying either a NH TC 18 or Kubota BX2200. Both have front loaders and mid mower decks. The TC 18 appears to have more capacity on the loader and rear PTO than the BX2200 and both are essentially the same price. Both are from the same dealer and there is no strong recommendation for one over the other. I would like feedback from someone who has had experience with either unit!

/ NH TC18 or BX2200 #2  
JBurk,

I own the TC18, unbelieveable that you can buy a compact tractor for the same as the BX which is a subcompact. You are right the TC has to out-spec the BX because it out-specs some of its bigger brothers in the B category. I've owned my TC for almost one year and have 63 hours on it. It has met all expectations and exceeded some. The TC has such a strong 3 pt. lift that it will likely lift the BX! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
If you need more info., please let me know or do a search under TC 18.

Good Luck, JimBinMI

We boys and our toys!

/ NH TC18 or BX2200 #3  
Dear "Veteran Blue Member", I saw this post and thought it to be custom made for JimBin, Its all yours. Rat...

/ NH TC18 or BX2200 #4  
jburk, they are both nice little machines, and of course, we knew JimBinMI was such a fan of his TC18 that he'd recommend it. Of course, he hasn't used it enough to get it broke in yet./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif I think you'll find that most of us would tell you to buy the one you like best, and you can't hardly go wrong. However, if you can tell us more specifically how you intend to use it, how much property you maintain, etc., we might be able to give you some more pros and cons. You mention a mid-mower and if that's the main use, you might find the BX a little more stable with a lower center of gravity. And I don't know where you live, but did you notice the motor being in the BX "backwards"? With the fan pulling the air from the rear and blowing it toward the front, I suspect if might be a little cooler riding in hot weather. On the other hand, the TC loader will handle more, and if you're going to be on rough terrain, it'll give you a little higher ground clearance. Just a few thoughts off the top of my head./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bird