NH TC40D Remotes

/ NH TC40D Remotes #11  
Woods makes a "Hose Kit" for backhoe plumbing or an attachment like a log splitter. It replaces the end block at the tank port on the rear axle (same area where rear remote valves go). You can install the block on top of the remote blocks you have there already. You would no longer use one of your remote valves to provide flow to the BH. If the BH is removed however then the hoses must be connected to one another to complete the circuit. The part number is1021867 for your TC40D. Only problem is it costs about $300, certainly not as inexpensive as a bungee cord but It is a very clean setup with easy access. Hoses remain connected when the accessory is not used, when using the implement unplug QDs and plug in the spitter or BH.
This is exactly what I have installed on my TC40S for the BH90-X. Hindsight is that the Woods block is milled thicker than the NH stackable remote blocks so with the Woods block in place, I have and am limited to only two sets of of NH remotes-can't add the third due to this increase in stack size.
What I think I can do is plug the third set of Woods M/F connectors to any implement of choice with a similar M/F connection.

/ NH TC40D Remotes
The Solution:

After getting the info that using the remote already installed and locking back the arm is the way to go - here is what we did
Pic_0326_023.jpgPic_0326_024.jpgPic_0326_025.jpgPic_0326_026.jpg
The first picture is what was there when we got the tractor - the rest are the solution.
The slide barrel bolt cost $6 at WalMart

Thanks all.

/ NH TC40D Remotes #14  
Only if your "implement of choice" has its own control valve.
Good point Rick-the two NH blocks inside the Woods end cap do have their own lever/control valves. That would limit my "implement of choice" to either the intended backhoe or the log splitter.

/ NH TC40D Remotes #15  
   / NH TC40D Remotes #16  
I came across this and would like to ask a few questions. Can I install the woods manifold block on the tractor and run the hoses to a 3 spool stack valve O/C?. This would give me three remote hookups. Is the top hole on the block the pressure out - to valve and the lower hole the return from the valve? The open center valve would be the same as leaving the hoses connected, correct?

If so I can have three remotes for around 600$
65$ Manifold block and fittings from Messicks
275$ Stack Valve Surplus Center
260$ Fittings and Hoses local

Thanks in advance
Andy
NH TC40DA FEL