Oil & Fuel No fuel coming from tank on Kubota 1600

/ No fuel coming from tank on Kubota 1600 #1  

Buffitz45

Tractor
1999 JD 6410 and 1967 JD 4020
I have the fuel line off just before the sediment bowl (which has a filter in it) Fuel won't flow from the tank to the bowl. I can blow air back through the line and it comes through the tank. Any ideas what's going on? I'm confused. It worked well till yesterday when it started to power down so I stopped and refilled the tank. It started and ran okay for a few minutes and then started to die and eventually wouldn't start at all. Thanks, Buffitz45

/ No fuel coming from tank on Kubota 1600 #2  
No fuel, like not even a trickle? Did you try a piece of wire? MIG wire is good for this. Sounds like something is covering the port hole and the air pushes it out of the way. Or Possibly Algie.

/ No fuel coming from tank on Kubota 1600 #3  
Yeah. probably crap in the tank that covers the tank inlet screen.
Back blowing air will confirm that problem (for a short period of time)

/ No fuel coming from tank on Kubota 1600 #4  
I suspect most tanks today don't come with a screen in the tank.....just a outlet fitting. That's the way my 2011 Yanmar is.

Pull the line off at the tank...see if any comes out. Then poke a skinny screwdriver or piece of stiff wire up the tank fitting and see if you don't get hosed with fuel.

A moving obstruction cut my fuel flow off twice over the course of a few years on my Yanmar. 1/4" plastic fitting in the plastic tank bottom would get plugged by a wasp or something simple (don't ask me HOW it got in the tank), and basically shut fuel off. I'm convinced this is more common than people think, based on the number of posts here similar to yours. They start off trying to fix it by changing fuel filters, fuel shutoff solenoids (my dealer did that twice the first time this happened while under warranty before finally figuring out the problem), and so on, while not checking the very first thing....IS there fuel coming out of the tank !

I finally fixed my problem with one of these. You'd have to have a serious build up of junk to block the flow on one of these.

05-17700.jpg

FINGER STRAINERS from Aircraft Spruce

Cut the plastic fitting off flush, then drilled a hole little smaller than the outside of this filter's threads, the used the filter as a 'tap' with a socket to cut new threads in the tank wall, which is fairly thick, so it had plenty of 'meat' to cut threads in. Then screwed a 1/4" male hose adapter in the internal thread of the filter screen. THAT fixed my problem years ago.

/ No fuel coming from tank on Kubota 1600 #5  
Around here, earwigs like to go in your bulk tank filling nozzle, then get dumped into your tractor/truck tank. I used to put a plastic cap on my nozzles. Something probably worth revisiting.

/ No fuel coming from tank on Kubota 1600 #6  
Around here, earwigs like to go in your bulk tank filling nozzle, then get dumped into your tractor/truck tank. I used to put a plastic cap on my nozzles. Something probably worth revisiting.

After finding a 'dirt dabber' wasp in my tank the second time, I was thinking the same thing...only place I could figure it got in was from the filler nozzle on my bulk tank. I put a cap over it since as well, hoping to eliminate that point of entry.