No Trailer Tie Down Points On My Kubota?

/ No Trailer Tie Down Points On My Kubota? #1  

BrianDT

Silver Member
I love our new Kubota tractor and I thank many of you in this forum for all the info that helped us to purchase a L6060 grand. We have been wrapping a strap around the front axle to trailer it and it felt sketchy. Mostly because we thought 1" ratchet straps from Harbor Frieght might be a bit light. :ROFLMAO: Kidding. This video popped into my feed and these tie-downs seem to be the perfect solution. Have any of you used them? Should I buy them?

/ No Trailer Tie Down Points On My Kubota? #2  
If you need it get it. Whats the price?..

/ No Trailer Tie Down Points On My Kubota? #3  
If you need it get it. Whats the price?..

$89 for the rear
$119 for the front

Interesting product. I like to have a little more forward/back angle for my tie down straps than shown in the video. Now, they do need clearance for chain, but I would have bent them forward slightly more.

/ No Trailer Tie Down Points On My Kubota? #4  
I like free so I welded on some old D rings after cutting them off a custom Jeep bumper that I made about 20 years ago. The old rear bumper had some D rings too so I repurposed them when I added a front weight bracket to the M6060.

mx6000_d-rings.jpg

mx6000_d-rings_2.jpg

bracket_6.jpg

bracket_5.jpg

/ No Trailer Tie Down Points On My Kubota?
I like free so I welded on some old D rings after cutting them off a custom Jeep bumper that I made about 20 years ago. The old rear bumper had some D rings too so I repurposed them when I added a front weight bracket to the M6060.

View attachment 855866

View attachment 855867

View attachment 855868

View attachment 855869
Very Nice. I see my tractor has 8.8 Metric grade bolts. Basically Grade 5 holding on the front brush guard. Did you upgrade the bolts to 10.9 when you welded those rings on?

/ No Trailer Tie Down Points On My Kubota? #6  
I made mine...8.8 grade bolts
l3800 front tie down.jpg

/ No Trailer Tie Down Points On My Kubota? #7  
If you want to add that, go right ahead, but I never found it necessary. I put a large clevis in the tow bar and used that to secure the back, and just hooked onto the front grill guard directly as shown below. It might scratch the paint a little, but it's a tractor...

Tractor guard (2) (Small).JPG
Tractor guard (6) (Small).JPG