Northern Down East Maine Checking in w/starting issue

/ Northern Down East Maine Checking in w/starting issue #1  

morgocon

Tractor
Landtrac 360DTC
Hi Grp: New owner of used (2000yr/700 hrs) Landtrac 360DTC w/FEL and BH - trying to rehab a not worked for 60 yrs farm on a wooded 100 acres in East Grand Lake region of Maine (Washington/Aroostick county line).

Just got barn closed in (40' geodesic dome) and am finally getting to work with the tractor which I bought a month ago. Moving stuff around - stopped, turned tractor off and it wouldn't restart - not even a click. No warning and it had restarted at least 3 dozen times since I owned it, including 3 times just before this event.

Went right to battery and discovered mickey mouse positive terminal repair which had failed. Re did in a better fashion, still no turn over though I had dash lights. Charged and tried jumping - charger showing draw but motor not turning over. I can turn motor over by hand using pressure on belt method. Got cold, came in and found your forum. Any (and thanks for!) ideas?

Attachments

• Tractor 2.JPG
    Tractor 2.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 71
   / Northern Down East Maine Checking in w/starting issue #2  
Welcome aboard!

I'm just down the road from you in Topsfield, and go up through all the time. (I followed the firetruck from Danforth, the day the store burned.)

there are a lot of old farms up there that are going fallow. Good luck with your endeavor.

Try posting this in parts and repairs, you might get a better response. Some of the guys here can talk you right through anything.

/ Northern Down East Maine Checking in w/starting issue #3  
Sounds like the ground is bad.

/ Northern Down East Maine Checking in w/starting issue #4  
Sounds like the ground is bad.

Yep,If it wont even click,find the where the starter grounds on the frame.Welcome MAINER ,iM IN THE FARMINGTON area.
ALAN

/ Northern Down East Maine Checking in w/starting issue
Sorry to be so long in getting back - my problem turned out to be a bad ground. I thought I had checked all ground connections and everything seemed good so pulled the ignition and bench tested it w/continuity tester - all good - really puzzled at that point - went back through everything and found problem - over 2 hours after I should have.

Not sure if this message is part is part of the overall thread or will just go back to Jstpssng - in any case thanks to all who responded and I have to say - in just the short time I've spent on this forum - it's one of the best ever! Also -importantly, I'm up and running!

/ Northern Down East Maine Checking in w/starting issue
You were right! Thank you!