Not Again....Not This Year

/ Not Again....Not This Year #1  

Survey1

Bronze Member
Tractor
Worn Out Ford 8N
I will not spend another $800 on this worn out Ford 8N. It was my grandfathers and its been mine for a time now. I cannot get rid of it without risk of being disowned by my mom, but I cannot justify another season of nickel and dimes and blood and sweat and tears trying to maintain this tract. Yanmar seems to be the best option although I'd love to buy American if there were such an option anymore. Looks like I'll hide the 8N in the barn and buy something, just not sure what yet.

/ Not Again....Not This Year #2  
Hello Survey1, welcome to TBN! Glad to see you posting. Hope you enjoy being a member of our community. :)

/ Not Again....Not This Year #3  
Welcome and good luck finding an All American tractor.
Case and New Holland are owned by an Italian corporation, and the other brands have been bringing in some foriegn made or powered models to the line up.

/ Not Again....Not This Year #4  
I will not spend another $800 on this worn out Ford 8N. It was my grandfathers and its been mine for a time now. I cannot get rid of it without risk of being disowned by my mom, but I cannot justify another season of nickel and dimes and blood and sweat and tears trying to maintain this tract. Yanmar seems to be the best option although I'd love to buy American if there were such an option anymore. Looks like I'll hide the 8N in the barn and buy something, just not sure what yet.

We still have the ford 600 that my dad bought when I was a kid this was in the early 70's. Its a jewel to me,(now that he's gone) I spent many a summer bushhoging fields or plowing/discing for $30-$50 dollars a day. We just did a complete rebuild and clutch, it was way more than 800 I had more than that in engine parts, and we did ALL the wrench turning. She's ready and waiting now, however she will not pull like the newer models.

Just remember those old tractors are like land, they aint making anymore.

/ Not Again....Not This Year #5  
When your sixty years old see how you feel. Alot of these old tractors are kept running for the smile they bring to your face remembering something you and your gradfather did together. What is wrong with having two tractors?

/ Not Again....Not This Year
Thanks for all the good words. I am torn into buying a Jap tractor. It seems to be the most affordable at this point. Sure a JD is an American company but the guts are made in a Yanmar factory as you all know. Grandpa is probably rolling in his grave due to not only the lack of an American built tractor but a plethora of other things going on. Yes I have many great memories of doing many things that shouldn't have been done with this 8N but they got done. If the Masseys weren't so out of sight high....I would consider it......but I got a 9k limit and I need a FEL and I feel I need 4wd too for this land that hasn't been tilled in 20yrs. Yanmar seems to be the answer so far...I gotta buy soon just to get this dirt in order for a showable planting.