Not really a tractor project...

/ Not really a tractor project... #1  

Boondox

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4044R cab, Kubota KX-121-3S
but the tractor played a key roll. In a previous post (Tractor 1, House 0) I told you about my collision with the house, where the ROPS removed a five foot piece of trim over the breezeway between my farmhouse and the shop. I've had a big ugly gash in the trim ever since. Today, thanks to the heat wave (55F), I was able to grab the jigsaw and freehand away most of the damage. The wife really likes the new curve...and never even noticed that in the process of "repairing" the trim I managed to get another two inches of clearance! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Now I can safely drive Clementine underneath without lowering the ROPS! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Pete

/ Not really a tractor project... #2  
Pete,

That sounds like true yankee ingenuity to me. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

DFB

/ Not really a tractor project... #3  
If I didn't know better, I'd say that was your plan all along. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif A nice curved arch and tractor clearance! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif You just used the ROPS to do the rough work.

/ Not really a tractor project... #4  
By the sounds you got a taste of spring yesterday,and I hope your roads aren't all ruts.

I to have a boo-boo to fix..the mailbox AGAIN. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Not really a tractor project... #5  
Thomas,

You really have a "thing" for that poor mailbox. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Sounds like you need to get some 4" pipe on both sides to protect it!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Terry

/ Not really a tractor project... #6  
Yep..seem like each year I test the Rubbermaid mail box. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Maybe I should make a mailbox out of 1/4"x 12" steel pipe and weld it good...naaa...I'll end hitting that w/ the Chevy.
Heck I thought some kids would take a baseball bat to the mailbox like they have to so many other mail boxes,but maybe they feel sorry for me and leave mine alone since I bet them to it. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

/ Not really a tractor project... #7  
Thomas, I saw a guy last week who had the same problem , if it was'nt him it was the snow plow, he took and hung it from an overhead tree limb , now it swings on a 20 ft. chain. It worked so well that his neighbor got an idea and hung his from some pipe that he planted in the ground about 10ft. back and arched up and over, he hung it with 2 chains to keep from twisting. I thought the mail lady would throw a fit, but she loves it ,she can drive underneith it and pull it in her jeep and set it on her door.