Oil & Fuel Number of Quarts of oil in 5740C

/ Number of Quarts of oil in 5740C #1  

Unclebuck257

Platinum Member
Tractor
2005 Montana 5740C
OK, a simple question for someone and YES, I've misplaced that booklet, written by the drunk Korean guy, that Montana called its "Owner's Manual" back in 2005!! How many quarts of oil in the 5740C? Thanks!!

/ Number of Quarts of oil in 5740C #2  
I think that "Drunk Korean" was the same one who did the Speed Racer cartoon.

7 quarts ( I think )

/ Number of Quarts of oil in 5740C #3  
Hey, I think my 5740C took over 10 quarts to get to the top of the safe zone on the stick. I do know the manual is not correct if you convert the liters into quarts. I just make the corrections in my manual for the next time. Just buy three gallons and you will have a little left to add later if needed. Hope this helps.
Just for the record, I have been scrapping some junk cars at my place. I was tickled to see I could pick up a junk Corvair, minus engine, with the loader and set it on my trailer. This machine just keeps getting more useful every day. I do have a 2000 lb. plus counter weight on the three point. It makes all the difference in the world. Have a nice day.
Jim T.

/ Number of Quarts of oil in 5740C
I appreciate the help fellas!! Think I will buy three gallons because I think I remember reading something about 11 quarts, now that you mentioned it JimmyBean. Thanks again!

/ Number of Quarts of oil in 5740C #5  
Agreed my manual states 2.24 Gal

/ Number of Quarts of oil in 5740C
NetworkMD said:
Agreed my manual states 2.24 Gal

Just so you guys know....

I bought a 2.5 gal jug of Rotella, plus just to be sure, another single quart. We changed the filter at the same time and with the new filter, it took exactly that whole 2.5 gal jug, and brough the dipstick measure to about 1/4-1/2 inch below the full mark. Works for me!!

Thanks for the replies!!