NX4510 vs LS4145, and adding a sweeper broom

/ NX4510 vs LS4145, and adding a sweeper broom #1  

ShowroomShine

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Case IH 55A
I知 looking to upgrade tractors from my current Case IH 385. I want a cab and loader 45hp tractor.

I plan on using it on my farm moving hay and mowing, on my job sites moving material, and it痴 going to get a skid steer sweeper broom run off rear hydraulics.

I was originally looking at the LS and got a quote for $29k for it, but noticed the hydraulics could only do 8gpm. I looked at the Kioti and it does 12gpm, the brooms require 10gpm minimum. The Kioti is around $31k

Any opinions on one vs the other? Dealers are equal distance away from me.

I知 open to other brands, but they are all in the high $30痴 for 45hp.

/ NX4510 vs LS4145, and adding a sweeper broom #3  
If $31k is the financed price of the NX4510CHST that's a pretty good deal.

Both are pretty similar overall. The LS gives you 2 more PTO HP, 2 remotes, about 150 lbs heavier, & slightly wider tires. The NX lifts a little more and loader can go a foot higher, gives you all the NX extras like linked pedal, stall guard, auto PTO, etc., only comes with 1 remote, more 3pt lift.

If it were me, I'd probably be choosing between which had the better cab arrangement if the prices were about the same. Unless loader max height, some of the NX gadgetry, or the 2nd remote included were real important, would probably come down which fits you better.

I don't have a cab so don't know - but is AC, heater, radio, dual mirrors, wipers, etc included with the cab or are those add-ons? That could sway the price toward one or the other if a lot of upgrades are needed on either.

/ NX4510 vs LS4145, and adding a sweeper broom #4  
I know it’s not ideal, but you you consider a rear mount PTO driven broom? Front brooms are hard on engines. They make a cloud of dust for you to drive through and suck into the air cleaner. Clean the filters daily or face the consequences.

/ NX4510 vs LS4145, and adding a sweeper broom #5  
Pay close attention to hydraulic specs when sizing what you need. The Kioti has a total flow of 17.9 gpm. A max flow of 9.6 gpm goes to your implements. The other 8.3 gpm runs the HST, steering, 4WD, and PTO. The systems are run from a tandem pump and are separated. Do not use total flow when sizing for powered implements.