"O" ring for Safeway S40-2 Quick Coupler.. (Resolved)

/ "O" ring for Safeway S40-2 Quick Coupler.. (Resolved) #1  

WranglerX

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
Does anybody know where I can acquire a Safeway S460-2 "O" ring kit for Safeway S40-2 hydraulic connector..... I have one that is oozing fluid and want to replace just the O ring.... So far Safeway who actually list the S460-2 "O" ring as a replacement part has not been responsive to my inquiries... GOOGLE search has not been to helpful but did list one available in Australia, but have not been able to contact supplier..... Rather do business with US provider....

This coupler is on FEL hydraulics on my GC1715 with DL95 FEL....

Attachments​

/ "O" ring for Safeway S40-2 Quick Coupler.. (Resolved) #2  
I'd take the old one out and take to NAPA or a hydraulics store and have them mic it. Should be able to fix you right up.

/ "O" ring for Safeway S40-2 Quick Coupler.. (Resolved) #3  
I have used surpluscenter.com for fittings to adapt and convert to plug in pressure gauges on my gc2400 in the past, not sure they will have what you need but worth checking.

/ "O" ring for Safeway S40-2 Quick Coupler.. (Resolved)
I have used surpluscenter.com for fittings to adapt and convert to plug in pressure gauges on my gc2400 in the past, not sure they will have what you need but worth checking.
Checked there..... No luck.... Other than I can get the complete connector (male & female) for about $25 which is a lot better than the $100 AGCO want for the same thing under their catalog part number and lists it as wrong size to boot.......

Have searched internet up and down and have gotten numerous catalog PDF files listing the Safeway S460-2 "O" ring... BUT when I inquire at the actually jobber/retailer website none have ever heard of it, even searched the dealers that Safeway list as their distributors and nothing.... I would be more than happy to get any available "O" ring if I only knew size.... Sure I can pull "O" ring out and go to closest hydraulic parts dealer (40 miles away) and hope they have something that fits, BUT I hesitate because if its a odd size good for Safeway product line only and I damage the existing one I probably can't put back in and limp along with fitting seeping/spurting fluid.... IF i have to trek out and hunt down a generic "O" ring its going to cost me probably close to a day and a few dollars in fuel... Would rather pay $0.99 for part and a few dollars for shipping then waste whole day searching and maybe have to spend $25 for replacement parts....

/ "O" ring for Safeway S40-2 Quick Coupler.. (Resolved)
Final follow up... So far none of the hydraulic companies I tried to contact bothered to respond.... So today I got out a old dental pick and pulled "O" ring out of female side of coupler... Took it to local auto parts and low and behold it turnout it's a generic 9/16 in. I.D. by 3/4 in. O.D... $0.69 fix .....So much for that...

When putting in new "O" ring I discovered that the male fitting was loose on its hose.... So I tightened that up also, now thinking on it it may not have been a problem with "O" ring at all but loose hose/coupler connection.... Oh well.....