OhOh, got the Fever...149 questions and advice please

/ OhOh, got the Fever...149 questions and advice please #1  

prof fate

Platinum Member
Tractor
kioti ck3510 Cub Cadet 149, 2146, Toro Zero Turn
So got tired messing with crap tin mowers/wanna be tractors.

Picked up a 2146 last week - impressive machine. 630 hours, one owner, $500. New battery, coil, tires, belts new this year (cub belts), always dealer serviced.

got me to thinking about a tiller...instead of my walk behind. Well, a tow behind is all the 2146 can use and they run $450-700 it seems. I see advantages as it's easier to attach then a more traditional mode.

BUT I found a 149 with deck, tiller and 3 point and hydrauilcs..4 hours away so I want to be sure what I'm looking at/for in regards to issues.

Normal wear and tear I can checkout (spindles, tires, fluids, etc). Does it start/move, leak, make noise, etc. I have a lifetime of wrenching including 15 years as my full time job (cars and motorycles/quads).

Anything in particular to check out? Anything expensive and rare that best be there and be in good shape? (as in they're selling it because...)

The pics don't look that great - seat pan is there but no padding/cover, grille is missing. they say everything works and the tiller has the 3 point and all the belts and bits including extensions.

All for less than a tow behind tiller...

I spent a lot of time on a cub as a kid mowing grass..maybe the nostalgia is pulling me in.

I guess i'll need a blade and snow blower...complete the collection!