oil dripping out my exhaust pipe

/ oil dripping out my exhaust pipe #1  

markfromsparks

Tractor
1982 Ford 555
Hello everyone, I have a 1980 or close to that, Ford 555 loader backhoe with a 3 cylinder Perkins Diesel engine, it starts great even freezing weather, runs smooth, don稚 smoke, only when it starts and when you push on the petal.
When I start the tractor and let it idle to warm up I start seeing oil looking ( looks and fells like oil ) coming out of my exhaust stack seam above the manifold where the pipe slips over riser above the manifold? I知 not sure what this is ? It痴 not affecting the motor that I know. Is this stacking or slobbering? It has just started. I just bought the tractor and have been working on it for the past year due to lack of time and hydraulic pump problems so I haven稚 had a chance to put it to work. Has anyone had this problem before ? Thanks Mark

/ oil dripping out my exhaust pipe #2  
I'd suspect mostly sloppy oily condensation.
I presume you have monitored your oil levels.
Also do U cap or have a flapper on the exhaust pipe? Might just be dirty water leaking out.

If oil consumption remains normal I'd just chalk it up to usual diesel slob.

/ oil dripping out my exhaust pipe #3  
Most likely "diesel slobbers" or "wet stacking" due to the low exhaust temperatures from idling. Work the snot out of it and that will clear up.

/ oil dripping out my exhaust pipe
Most likely "diesel slobbers" or "wet stacking" due to the low exhaust temperatures from idling. Work the snot out of it and that will clear up.

I will let you guys know how everything works out
Thank you

/ oil dripping out my exhaust pipe #5  

Plus one and you need to 'work' on your spelling too.:D

/ oil dripping out my exhaust pipe #6  

Plus one and you need to 'work' on your spelling too.:D