oil filter

/ oil filter #1  

boxorox

Silver Member
Tractor
shibaura s1500/kuboto bx2200/
I have a shibaura 4 cylinder that is close to a Ford 2010 what oil filter does it take I cant seem to get any answers about tractor in shibaura section without some body trying to sell me a parts manual well I dont have 80$ for something written in japanese any way Ive looked and its real close to an 80,s model ford 2010 and believe the oil filter will work?

/ oil filter #3  
My local parts store has a sign that says " if you want to guess at the make model and year we will be more than happy to guess at the parts" Close doesn't count. Check with your local Napa store. They can look up a lot of tractor filters. These guys might be able to help, they sell Shibuara parts Perkins Industrial Diesel Engines and Diesel Engine Parts
Bill

/ oil filter
I agree about not buying grey market but it runs good everything works and it was 250$ Ididnt have the funds for something better.

/ oil filter
yeah the guy thought the motor was locked but wasnt it just set up for 2 years and when I bought it I took the injectors out stp and soaked it and it turned over a little more work on the injector pump and now it will pull the devil outa ****.

/ oil filter #7  
Look for an engine data plate around the injector pump. If it is a Shibaura N844 or N844L or similar, I'd give the Wix 51348 a try. Take your old filter with you to NAPA for an eyeball match. What kind of filter does it currently have?

BTW: (Lecture switch to ON.) If your tractor works and you are gonna keep it, $80 for a manual is 'chump change.' That manual will pay for itself many times over. Don't be penny-wise and pound-foolish. People who are trying to sell you a manual are not your enemies. Why would you expect somebody to spend time looking up some numbers for you in a manual they had to buy when you are too frugal to buy your own manual? (Okay, lecture switch to OFF.)

/ oil filter
your right about both its the right filter I changed the oil thanks and I will buy a parts manual soon moneys tight right now and Im not sure which to buy it says s1500 on the hood and lem754 onblock and on tag s15 d its a 4 cylinder if you know who has manuals and which to buy I would appreciate it I will just charge it and pay later/ a guy down the road has a bush hog he might give me its rusted out but I weld so maybe I will be making extra money mowing fields soon. thanks

/ oil filter #9  
It seems that none of the numbers you've posted go together. For one thing, there is no Ford 2010 that I'm aware of. There is a Ford 2110 that seems to be a 4-cyl diesel and very similar to your 4-cyl description of your Shibaura. Perhaps, your hood is from another model tractor. Neither the Shibaura SD1500 nor any other models with similar numbers seem to be anything close to your tractor. I think your post in the Shibaura forum is the best solution. Perhaps after a few days, somebody with a lot of Shibaura expertise will post there. With the grey market, you have to be patient.

/ oil filter
thanks for the reply I ment 2110 and on the other I believe your right on the othert thread in it being a sd3000.