OIl filters questions

/ OIl filters questions #1  

YanmarFever

Elite Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5010C- Branson 4520r- 5520C- Yanmar FX235-D - Bad Boy rogue mower
I use to own a 3510i TLB many years ago. I have a bunch of new hydraulic and engine oil filters still in the boxes for the 3510i hydraulic filter# NTB8030000A3

I now own a 4520R and a 5520R, will these 3510 hyd. oil filters work on them?
I held one up to the 4520 & 5520 filters and they LOOK the same, however I don't want to damage my machines, with the wrong filters?

/ OIl filters questions #2  
I use to own a 3510i TLB many years ago. I have a bunch of new hydraulic and engine oil filters still in the boxes for the 3510i hydraulic filter# NTB8030000A3

I now own a 4520R and a 5520R, will these 3510 hyd. oil filters work on them?
I held one up to the 4520 & 5520 filters and they LOOK the same, however I don't want to damage my machines, with the wrong filters?
YF, I'm not getting many hits for a cross reference to this filter number.

1702137812219.png

The L-F has many cross references,
1702137878353.png

The HIFI got these as hits, NOTICE the 3 Branson sizes mentioned - - -

1702137964140.png

Are the filter threads identical for size and pitch? Are the canister sizes between the two withing an inch? Then they are basically the same.

Most Japan made tractors used common filters for many models. Hey, I don't have to educate you on that, right? :LOL:

If the filters had a cross reference to WIX or Fram or Purolator, I've would of been able to find further details. Rule of thumb, always go for the taller filter size.

/ OIl filters questions #3  
oh, here is the linky for anyone to find filter replacements. :)

Oil filter cross reference

Even though these are CROSS REFERENCES, it's only for fit/form/function.

NOTE: There is no guarantee a filter has a by-pass valve inside. It's best to have one on a diesel engine ! So check the MFG website of the cross reference or call the MFG or dist of them. Best to be safe than sorry.

/ OIl filters questions
They are all Branson brand OEM filters

/ OIl filters questions #5  
They are all Branson brand OEM filters
If you take the WIX equals, you can compare the two wix for micron filter sizing, by-pass valve, seal ID, threads and pitch. Then you know how close the two are to simply interchange.

For the Yanmar, the YM2610 3T80 engine uses a short stubby filter. When I had my JD850 with 3T80 engine, it had a taller filter.
Taller is BETTER. Why is that?
- More filter media surface area.
- Less frequent need to have a clogged filter between changes.
- Better engine or hydraulic suction flow thru the filter. (no starvation or slow hydraulic responses)
- Better to grab onto for installation or removal.

If the filter sticks out too far, ensure nothing would hit it like a loader or a sub-frame. Take measurements of the distances from the oil threaded port on the machine to any obstructions for install/removal. Just common sense.