Oil leak under steering wheel (L2350)

/ Oil leak under steering wheel (L2350) #1  

OkieRelic

I have a Kubota L2350 DT (4x4) with power steering. I was pushing through some heavy brush and noticed oil coming from under the steering wheel and running down the steering column. Steering still functions normally.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, Okie

/ Oil leak under steering wheel (L2350) #2  
Okie- I was going to suggest that there is a loose nut behind the wheel, but since you are new here, I'll take it easy on you by saying welcome to the site! I think this topic was discussed on here before. Try the search function above, it should lead you to the appropriate thread, if not, maybe some one with a better memory will chime in.:D :D

/ Oil leak under steering wheel (L2350) #3  
Today I was reminded of where I heard the Kubota leak under the steering wheel story. Saw him, and he said that there is a little o-ring type seal that went bad in the tractor in question. He put a new seal in, noticed some end play in the steering shaft, so he shimmed the new seal up a tiny bit, it stopped the leak. One month later, it started leaking again, they took it to the dealer, and $1600.00 later, it was fixed. He said he thought that the dealer had to replace the steering shaft.:eek: