OIl light comes on....PROBLEMS?

/ OIl light comes on....PROBLEMS? #1  

DennisArrow

Platinum Member
Tractor
Iseki TL 2300, Kubota RTV, Kubota B7610
When mowing yesterday on a 10-25 degree slope......and yes it was totally hot.......I stopped on the side of the hill to disengage and then reengage the PTO.......I make a habit of cutting the throttle way back when engaging the PTO to prevent driveline problems........anyway.....as it sat there (going across the slope of the hill at maybe 15 degrees the right side on the downslope) for a moment idling at around 1000 RPM the oil light was flickering. As soon as I would raise the RPM it would go away.......the oil was a bit low so I put in some more; but later it did it again.
The question is: is this something to worry about an oil flow/distribution problem? It doesnt seem to do it when the downslope side is the left side. The filter with the oil pressure sensor are on the left side, so when the downslope is on the right these are at the highest point........I know that the oil scavenge/pickup is down in the sump so it tells me that perhaps there is a problem.........OR am I just making something out of nothing?

/ OIl light comes on....PROBLEMS? #2  
DennisArrow:

1) How many hours on your Iseki? Worn engine?

2) Install an oil pressure GUAGE! Will tell you more than a light. (Why do you think they are called "idiot" lights?). With a guage you can tell if pressure in generally low, or, is low just in the situation you described. Etc.

JEH

/ OIl light comes on....PROBLEMS? #3  
any time your oil pressure light comes on it is a problem. The only question is what is causing the problem. I go with the put a gauge on it reply to help find out what is really going on.

/ OIl light comes on....PROBLEMS? #4  
Does it flicker when idling on level ground? If so it may be a sign of things to come.

I had a winter car many years ago and the oil light started to flicker when idling. One day the oil light flickered and then came on solid. My stepson was driving it that day so he reved it up, put a nice hole in the side of the block.

/ OIl light comes on....PROBLEMS? #5  
Put this in the Iseki forum, also. Sounds like a pickup problem or clogged screen in the pickup.

/ OIl light comes on....PROBLEMS?
Its also in the Iseki forum.......am possibly thinking that because the engine was HOT.......the oil was thin........checked it of course.....was runnin like water.....anyway gonna do an oil and filter change and see what happens......the next morning at low idle on an angle under the same conditions it didnt do it but then after mowin a bunch it did........will see how the oil change works......ohhhh this by the way is Mobil Synthetic.....gonna switch to Rotella..........Dennis