Oil with green tint

/ Oil with green tint #22  
I used to see this on my sears garden tractor when I ran Castro gtx in it. The greenish oil draining was odd, but I believe it was a temperature related reaction with an additive they were using. It happened each time I used that brand. I've since switched, and no more greenish oil. I did not do a used oil analysis on the castrol, nor did I see any problems in use. I still run the sears now 21 years later, no issues.

/ Oil with green tint
Well yesterday I was surprised to see my oil report come through even though the post office still thinks my package in MIA! Hope they contact me soon so I can let them know.

Looks like its not coolant and everything appears OK. I am not an oil analysis wiz so I don't yet know what acceptable ranges are for all the elements they measure, however the simple mans summary of the green check was a welcome sight!
DK40Oil.jpg

/ Oil with green tint #24  
Might not be pertinent here because I’m talking hydraulic oil but I handled customer support for 2 plants making the same product, one in America, one in France. In America, we added a red dye to help identify leaks. In France, we added a green fluorescent dye because the plant was more leak conscious, examined each connector after test using a light that stood out at any hint of oil. This dyed oil seems exactly like what you are seeing. Unknown as to why you would find it in engine oil but a little dye in our product stayed throughout the machine life (hydraulic oil changes only change a portion of the oil unless you disassemble every component).

/ Oil with green tint #25  
I’m no oil expert either but it looks good to me, thanks for posting the results.

/ Oil with green tint #26  
Might not be pertinent here because I’m talking hydraulic oil but I handled customer support for 2 plants making the same product, one in America, one in France. In America, we added a red dye to help identify leaks. In France, we added a green fluorescent dye because the plant was more leak conscious, examined each connector after test using a light that stood out at any hint of oil. This dyed oil seems exactly like what you are seeing. Unknown as to why you would find it in engine oil but a little dye in our product stayed throughout the machine life (hydraulic oil changes only change a portion of the oil unless you disassemble every component).

Actually, it's one of the main reasons I run Chevron All Weather THC synthetic hydraulic / transmission oil versus Kubota SUDT. The Chevron is dyed orange, the Kubota is clear and hard to see on a dipstick.

/ Oil with green tint #27  
Well yesterday I was surprised to see my oil report come through even though the post office still thinks my package in MIA! Hope they contact me soon so I can let them know.

Looks like its not coolant and everything appears OK. I am not an oil analysis wiz so I don't yet know what acceptable ranges are for all the elements they measure, however the simple mans summary of the green check was a welcome sight!
View attachment 662421

You are golden. Keep on tractoring.