OK decided turf tires, 2 size options??

/ OK decided turf tires, 2 size options?? #1  

gabrichter

Bronze Member
Tractor
2012 Kubota B2920
Decided on Turf for my Kubota B2920 now they offer two sizes to make more decisions on like I said 60% mowing 40% blowing/pushing snow, loader work and garden tilling Kubota offers FRONT - 22.0 x 8.5-12 /REAR - 31 x 15.5-15
FRONT - 23.0 x 8.5-12 /REAR - 33.0 x 12.5-15. My initial thought is get the taller tires, any pros or cons? Taller tire may have larger size lugs? After this should have all things covered. Also by the way all you have been helpful in real world applications to help make decisions - Big thanks

/ OK decided turf tires, 2 size options?? #2  
Personally, I'd get the taller tires. More ground clearance!

Joe

/ OK decided turf tires, 2 size options?? #3  
gabrichter, you don't indicate where you live so I don't know how much snow you get in your neck of the woods. I'm not sure about this and hopefully somebody will correct me but if you plan to use chains on the rear of the tractor would one tire work better than the other for chaining up? I'm guessing the "skinnier" tire would work without spacers, or perhaps both would work ok with chains and not need spacers. Not sure though. Just a thought.

/ OK decided turf tires, 2 size options??
NE South Dakota - This year absolutely no snow all brown, Last 2 years we where buried with weekly blizzards from Christmas on. drifts common in driveway 3 - 4 feet high in places, blow with 3 pt snowblower on current NH TZ25DA chained up on all 4. That has standard 25" rears with smaller fronts. will Chain the Kubota I imagine.

/ OK decided turf tires, 2 size options?? #5  
Not knowing that much about it, I'd say that the decision is between traction versus center of gravity issues. = ?

/ OK decided turf tires, 2 size options?? #6  
one thing to look at that i found with my b7800 (simular to b2920) is that there is little clearence on the front tires between the inside of the tires/rim and the steering tie rods ends. not enough room for me to safely fit tire chains around the front tires without the chains hitting the steering/tie rod ends. unless the b2920 front end is different or you can find some small guage chains, this might be a problem. i have the r4 tires and this also might make a difference, so just something to look at and may help in the choice of your turf tire sizes. by the way those are some deep drifts you talk about. we normally don't get that much snow in nc pa. where i live. you get the "real" winters.:D

/ OK decided turf tires, 2 size options??
Going with standard turf tires and chain up if needed.