Old 8N- Good Deal?

/ Old 8N- Good Deal? #11  
might have lost the water pump which ate the rad.. that's real common. other thing on the front could be the distribuitor.

neither item are over 300$..

soundguy

/ Old 8N- Good Deal? #12  
but around here a running 8n will sell for 2700-3000 so i have some room to put money into it before it's no longer worth it.

i wish we could get that much where im at u could about 2 years a go but they had to be really nice ones now as long as it runs the most u can get is about 1500 unless ur lucky

/ Old 8N- Good Deal?
i wish we could get that much where im at u could about 2 years a go but they had to be really nice ones now as long as it runs the most u can get is about 1500 unless ur lucky

Yeah they were like that here just last summer. I dunno what happened. Mind you the ones that i've seen were in good shape, but i would have a lot of play room to get it painted and fixed up and still turn a nice profit if I chose to. But I think I'd rather just keep it :)

/ Old 8N- Good Deal? #14  
if it has never been repainted even if it looks like the one in my picture i have been able to get 500 to 1000 dollars more for them than if i painted them if they was in good mechincal shape i dont know why but they are the only ones around my area u can make good money on. but u will love working on the little tractor they are simple and a good learning project of how some stuff works i still like to fix them up for resale even tho the prices have drop in my area i always have one i am fixing. but your right for 500 u should be able to fix up and turn a decent profit

/ Old 8N- Good Deal? #15  
At $500 I would just show up with cash and worry about what I had purchased after I trailered it home. Scrap metal price has to be a few hundred dollars I would think.

While they are limited as a kid I knew a guy who must to have loaded 10,000 truck loads of gravel with one and towed every where.

/ Old 8N- Good Deal?
Thanks again for all the input everybody. Now I'm sure I'll have it before the end of summer. Going to have to figure out a way to get it on the trailer (being unable to lift the loader with the hydraulics could be a bit of an issue :p) and wait until the snow melts and the ground dries up (which works out well because I dont make much money except for in the summer)

/ Old 8N- Good Deal? #17  
use a jack to lift the loader then strap angle iron to the piston to hold it open..

soundguy

/ Old 8N- Good Deal?
Soundguy said:
use a jack to lift the loader then strap angle iron to the piston to hold it open..

soundguy

I was thinking about putting my 4wheeler in the trailer backwards so i could use my winch and a pulley block to pull the tractor on backards. After i get it home i'll just put the drawbar on my massey under the bucket and chain the tractors together to pull it off.

/ Old 8N- Good Deal? #19  
Yes its well worth it, Running 2s 8s, an 9s are 1500 to 2,000$ers here in n/east ga
Army Grunt