Old IH LP-gas Tractor

/ Old IH LP-gas Tractor #1  

X23

Does anyone have any pictures of an International 424 or similar with the LP gas setup?

The Farmall 404 was available as an LP setup from the factory, with a 19 gallon LP tank, but I have never seen one.

Similar units would be IH 2404, IH 2424, from late 1960s to mid 1970s.

Pictures are great, but if you have owned a similar unit or operated one, I would like to know if it was liquid feed with an evaporater, or gas feed. Or did it start on gas vapor & change to liquid when the engine warmed up.

And where did the "heater hose" connect, if it was liquid fed?

Thanks,

Jack

/ Old IH LP-gas Tractor #2  
Does anyone have any pictures of an International 424 or similar with the LP gas setup?

The Farmall 404 was available as an LP setup from the factory, with a 19 gallon LP tank, but I have never seen one.

Pictures are great, but if you have owned a similar unit or operated one, I would like to know if it was liquid feed with an evaporater, or gas feed. Or did it start on gas vapor & change to liquid when the engine warmed up.

Thanks,

Jack

Hey Jack,

I don't know if it's what you are looking for but I just watched some of the streaming video from yjod Tractor Fanatic site I think it was episode 1013 and 1014 .. a guy who has quite a few LP powerd tractors and pickups.

Carry on

/ Old IH LP-gas Tractor #3  

Thanks,

Jack

I haven't been around a Farmall 404, 424 or a 2424 on LP, but when I was growing up on the farm, we had several LP gas fueled larger tractors i.e. Farmall M, Super M, Farmall 450 and a Minneapolis-Moline UB. All were started on vapor and as the engine warmed, we switched them over to liquid. The engine coolant warmed the liquid to vapor regulator to prevent freeze ups. I don't remember how the coolant hoses were routed, but they were arranged so the water pump circulated hot coolant through the regulator.

Bill