Older woods 5' blade for a BX?

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #1  

kris77

Tractor
BX2370
I have a BX2370. Found a good deal on an old 5' woods blade with tilt.

I know the blade is going to be too tall for the tractor...especially with tilt, the moldboard is going to be too tall I think. Is it possible to weld on a bracket so I can lower the mount points so the tractor will pick it up higher? Or do you guys think i'll be good as is? Here is a pic of the one i'm looking at. Can't really tell all that much from the picture though....Going to look at it tomorrow.

00b0b_kuxhafUSpw7_1200x900.jpg

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #2  
I'd give it a try, I use a generic 5' blade on our BXs and 1025R and I didn't have to do any modifications. I'm sure any decent welder could make any needed changes if you find them necessary.

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #3  
I use mine unmodified. The only time the blade frame must be level is angle blading with tilt locked. All other times I shorten the top link to lift higher.

Bruce

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #4  
My old B5200 pulled a 5 FT Woods blade. About the size of a BX. A 4 ft would be easier in heavy use.

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #5  
I have a woods 60" back blade with tilt. I have it on my B3200. If I drive it on the trails I do need to shorten the top link. In the yard and driveway it's fine at any setting.

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #6  
I thought a 5' blade was ideal when I had a BX. With it in the angled position it covers the tire width well.

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #7  
Your only drawback is overall weight of your BX...I pull a larger, heavier blade with a B1700 with no issues other than weight/traction...
Good Luck...

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #8  
I thought a 5' blade was ideal when I had a BX. With it in the angled position it covers the tire width well.

I have a CountyLine 5ft rear blade for my BX2230. In the first angled position, the blade is wider than the tire width and the 50" snowblower. In the second angled position, the blade is narrower than the snowblower. This is nice allowing me to get close to items and as long as I go straight, I don't have to worry about the rear blade hitting something. I also spin it around completely and pull forward when pulling snow over grass. Doesn't dig in this way. It weighs about 170 pounds. Jon

/ Older woods 5' blade for a BX? #9  
I have a 5' Woods blade on my BX2360. Works fine. I use it to plow the drive to one side then I push the row off the driveway with the bucket.