Oliver OC-3 PTO winch options?

/ Oliver OC-3 PTO winch options? #1  

Logginsteve

Tractor
Kubota 3240
For logging (and other fun stuff) I am switching from skidding with a 1960s Bombardier J-5 w/winch to a 1953 Oliver OC-3. Hey, why buy something newer when you can buy something older, right?

I need a decent winch for the OC-3 that is capable of skidding tree length or 24' logs up to about 30" diameter for up to about 100'. That and freeing up (censored) fir trees which stick to each other like velcro when I'm felling them.

I do NOT want another electric winch. Nothing but trouble with them. The OC-3 is setup for rear PTO, however the original Carco Model C winch is difficult to find and quite pricey. Does anybody know of anything that could be cobbled onto an OC-3?

Thanks!

Steve

/ Oliver OC-3 PTO winch options?
Thanks, but that won't work. The OC-3 is like just about all other dozers/crawlers out there in that it takes something that bolts directly to the back end. The drive is inline with the center of the vehicle. Here's a pic of a slightly larger dozer:

765px-Caterpillar_R4_Dozer.JPG

Credit goes to this website:

Caterpillar Inc. - Tractor & Construction Plant Wiki - The classic vehicle and machinery wiki.

Thanks,

Steve