One Piece @ a time

/ One Piece @ a time #1  

ampa

Gold Member
One Piece @ a time <> twin cyl. 20 gal tank

<>In a sense I didn't build it....but put it together :D....Here's some photo's...I made a mistake and first posted this project on the ISEKI forum :D...@ least this is one less artical to trip over.....

to read what I wrote about this compressor just saunder over to the ISEKI forum..(Note) I try always to use brass fittings over blk pipe..so this adds extra cost to my plumbing tasks...

I know I could have just went and bought me a complete factory built stationary 60 gal.uprite alot cheaper...but for me..... I need the portablity plus.....plus this one is rated @ 14 cf. @ 40 lbs and 11.5 cf. per inch @ 90 lbs construction type with large gas engines...take care all you guys <> Ampa :)

Attachments

• DSCF5227.jpg
    DSCF5227.jpg
    910.1 KB · Views: 213
  • DSCF5228.jpg
    DSCF5228.jpg
    1,015.8 KB · Views: 174
  • DSCF5229.jpg
    DSCF5229.jpg
    899.3 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCF5230.jpg
    DSCF5230.jpg
    997.6 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF5231.jpg
    DSCF5231.jpg
    867.1 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCF5232.jpg
    DSCF5232.jpg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
   / One Piece @ a time #2  
Looks good.

Question, does your pressure switch have an unoloader valve to take the pressure off the head when it stops?

/ One Piece @ a time
The pressure 140 lb. saftety valve and the on and off switch is off an old B&S "BRUTE" compressor that blew the reeds out so if this had that type valve it done nothing to protect the compressor...the off and on switch had a copper line that gave me a headace.....

so I just removed the whole thing....and it seems to work just fine.....maybe I'll look around for a one way valve this would allow air in but not back into the compressor head..... by the way the main parts were bought @ Princess Auto so if it breaks bring it back and get a replacement....if nothin' goes wrong then I guess a valve is not needed...I normally drain off my compressor when I'm finished using it....Thanks for mentioning this take care Ampa <> :thumbsup:

/ One Piece @ a time #4  
My understanding it the unloader valve is there to give the electric motor some room to start running the compressor before pressure builds up. If yours starts ok then you may not need one.

/ One Piece @ a time #5  
The pressure 140 lb. saftety valve and the on and off switch is off an old B&S "BRUTE" compressor that blew the reeds out so if this had that type valve it done nothing to protect the compressor...the off and on switch had a copper line that gave me a headace.....

so I just removed the whole thing....and it seems to work just fine.....maybe I'll look around for a one way valve this would allow air in but not back into the compressor head..... by the way the main parts were bought @ Princess Auto so if it breaks bring it back and get a replacement....if nothin' goes wrong then I guess a valve is not needed...I normally drain off my compressor when I'm finished using it....Thanks for mentioning this take care Ampa <> :thumbsup:

Ah, another Princess Auto fan. I'm not sure what I'd do without them.

/ One Piece @ a time #6  
I started humming the old Johny Cash song when I read the thread title:laughing::laughing:

It's 49, 50, 51, 52...