Oops!!

/ Oops!! #1  

WillingtonPizza

Bronze Member
I had an interesting thing happen yestarday. We got a lot of snow this year but it was pretty warm for a couple of days. I thought a lot of snow melted. I started our Gator up and drove over to the back up wood pile, my tires only stuck in the snow about a 1/2 inch. Piece of cake, got the tractor and started across the lawn to scrape the snow off the grass by my deck. The tires were going about a 1/2 inch in the snow. I slowed down by the deck when all the sudden the whole tractor went down about two feet. The tires on my tractor are very wide, front and back are both 12 inches wide. I did'nt realize but we had a 4 inch crust of snow on top of the snow. Had to dig it out and then bucket the material out of my way to get back.

/ Oops!! #2  
Oh I wouldn't call that an oops...more like dang it.
Getting belly hung ain't do fun. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Oops!! #3  
WP, I had a similar experience but not so bad. I actually opened the gate and drove down the lane on our property for the first time since November /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif The snow is fading fast, but the other morning the ground was frozen enough to support my truck. There was a similar crust on the snow, particularly some of the drifts. My truck never got stuck, but I was quickly reminded that I do need new tires /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

Good to hear you got out OK /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-32437-790signaturegif.gif

/ Oops!! #4  
I have had a similiar experiences while working in Saskatchewan. I had to inventory equipment for the phone company there. Most of their equipment buildings were in small buildings about 50 -100 yards off the road. Many times the crust would support me but many times it would not. Sometimes I would break through, the laptop computer and stuff I had to carry were sometimes just too much weight. Usually it was just knee deep but there was an occasion where it was up to my armpits. I ahd to get my coworkers to help me out.

/ Oops!! #5  
A few weeks ago the Coyotes had my dog surrounded. After a few shots they left. Latter in the evening, my wife an I came back from dinner and decided to drive to the back to make sure they were still gone. The snow was very crusted. No problem.. All the way to the rear and back again only to get stuck 5 feet from the driveway ! So here I am with a four wheel drive vehicle stuck. Called the neighbor and had to ask to borrow the chains. Why he asked...had to explain. Pickup truck hooked to the blazer nope, not going to come out... Lets call so more neighbors and lets explain some more. No one with a tractor is home. Call more neighbors... and explain some more. How embarrassing. Finally pushed it out with about 6 people. No more off roading in the snow for me.

<font color=green>Mark</font color=green>