Tires Open question on tire loading....

/ Open question on tire loading.... #11  
I see no need to add weight to the front wheels. But do as you wish.

IF you don’t have a FEL, it’s almost necessary to fill fronts IF you really USE your tractor.

Better traction.
Planted steering.
Doesn’t scoot steering tires around.
More stable on hills.
Rides better.
Heavy 3pt implement doesn’t unload front end.
Doesn’t put ANY weight on front axle.

Almost All tractors aren’t heavy enough to do what they are capable of doing.

It’s a WIN WIN IMHO.

I fluid filled my previous 4700, 4720, 5085E, 5093E tractors front & rear myself & also my current 5101E & Both 5115M’s & they all 7 have had FEL too.

I have steep banks & hills here requiring lots of traction.

Also superb traction inside my 6 poultry houses working wet litter.

I couldn’t get any jobs done without 4wd & all 4 tires fluid filled.

Last edited:
   / Open question on tire loading.... #12  
I filled my Daddy’s front R4 tires on his little JD 790 that he mows grass with.

The Front tires wouldn’t steer on flat ground running a 60 inch RFM.

Tore the grass up too.

Now it’s planted, more stable & steers where he points it.

Absolutely No extra Weight on front axle pivot pin.

/ Open question on tire loading.... #13  
I dunno which is better, filled tires, weights, or empty tires. But if you do fill the front tires you could be the Catenary Quaternary Kid. How's that for a handle?
Eric
I get the quaternary part but maybe I'm dense here in not getting how the catenary part relates to filled front tires?

/ Open question on tire loading.... #14  
Not only does filling the front tires get you better traction, they also hold a load better when using a loader, and I agree with the better ride when tires are filled. (y)(y)(y)(y)
I have a 75 hp and a 32hp with all 4 tires filled on each machine.

I also had used both machines with no additional ballast at first. The 75hp for 1 year, ended up adding 2000lbs in ballast and the tractor has it's maximum capabilities available and acts like a different-larger machine.
The 32hp was hopeless 😞 IMO before filling the tires. Filled the tires after having the tractor for 2 weeks and that was enough ballast so that you could actually get some work done with it. :cool:

No regrets after 18 & 16 years of use on each.

/ Open question on tire loading.... #15  
Never have, never will. I just run cast centers and out front, even with the bucket off, the FEL frame adds enough weight.

If I was to (not that I would), I'd fill with windshield washer fluid instead. Lots cheaper and does the same thing.