opinions please

/ opinions please #11  
Sounds like you are in a good HP range. Power is something that you will always appreciate and want more of as you become more familiar with the tractor and projects on your land. The hardest thing to plan for is everything you never thought of, and I guarantee you, that in ten years from now you will look back at your list and laugh.

4 wheel drive is a must. Removable front bucket is a must. I would think that for the long term, working in all weather conditions and fighting bugs, a cab is also a must.

I'm not a fan of a ten foot mower. It's too wide and flat. A batwing is much nicer for conforming to the ground with that added reach outside the wheels. If you are already in that HP range, it makes a lot more sense to go for the 15 foot mower now.

Kubota is probably one of the top brands out there. They are also very proud of their reputation and charge you accordingly. If I was out shopping for a 80 hp 4x4 cab tractor right now, I would not limit myself to any particular brand. I would go to every dealer in my area, and also every source of used tractors. Kick the tires, sit in the seat, and look for a deal.

I'm still hesitant on Tier 4 smog for tractors and would prefer to have something before that came out. If I could find a low hour tractor that met all my other needs, I would go used before buying new. There are those on here who have said they don't see the problem, and there are those who talk about what happens when dealing with Tier 4 issues. Either way, you need to know what it is and what to expect if buying new.

/ opinions please #12  
Just a thought about your kids: can you geat a buddy seat for a M7060? Might be nice to have?

/ opinions please #13  
Kubota does not offer a buddy/instructor seat, but a couple of M60 Series owners have added them. I believe you can get one from K&M.

The M60 Series cab is wider than the M40 and we could not fit one in our M8540.

/ opinions please #14  
Personally I think the M6060 will do what you want. Even with 4WD your going to loose traction before you run out of hp and the M7060 doesn't weight much more at all. However the price difference would be the determining factor if the bigger tractor is only a little more then of course go that route.

/ opinions please #15  
Something I forgot, you might want to consider getting bigger than standard size tires, check the thread from foremanEtexas, he did this on his second M7040, I got M9540 tires on my M8540 as the dealer specified them on all his M8540 because they were so popular.

/ opinions please #16  
I agree with the batwing if you have a lot of uneven ground, my place is relatively flat & the 10'r works great on it.
I ran a MF 283 for several years on my 35 acres, enough power to do anything wanted, it was on the larger side of what i needed, sold it & got a 5303 Deere, seems about right, i'm thinking i want 4WD now being i'm doing more loader work, 2WD lacks in that department.
I like the smaller frame for getting around my wooded part on the place, did have to cut some trails around the fence rows, now that i have a Gator, i rarely take the tractor unless i need to remove a fallen tree or something.

Ronnie

/ opinions please #17  
I would check out other brands before settling for the Kubota. I love the amenities on my LS P 7010 like 3 sets of rear remotes, quiet cab with HVAC, radio and a really nice seat (not air ride though). Lots of other add ons that are all standard. Check out the LS brand if you have a dealer within reasonable distance to you. The P series starts at 70 HP (engine) up to 90+. Check them out at Lstractorusa.com
I got my LS P7010C with FEL and cab way back in 2010 for $35,000 which was about what a 40-50 HP tractor with cab was selling for at other dealers. I don't know if they are still selling them at that great a discount or not, but they are really well built tractors. You can also check out the LS forum right here on TBN.

/ opinions please #18  
Both seem to be a good fit. Id lean towads the 7060 4wd as it has a limitied slip differential. Versus the unlimited slip (open) differetal in the 6060. Ive found this to be useful especially when backing up in soft conditions with a full load on the loader