Rear Finish Mower Opportunity to buy a slightly used very clean 72" county line finish mower

/ Opportunity to buy a slightly used very clean 72" county line finish mower
Keep it lubed
Take up any slack on the wheel height adjustment
Add some washers wider than what ever you use to hold those adjusters in place
keep the bolts and nuts that hold the legs tight
And it will work great!

We got one for a song and a dance like you did and it has been used hard with no issues following the same advice given here.

by the "slack" you mention, do you mean on top of the wheel shafts under the pin?

/ Opportunity to buy a slightly used very clean 72" county line finish mower #12  
by the "slack" you mention, do you mean on top of the wheel shafts under the pin?

Yes! Apparently if you have uneven ground they slap up and down and snap off the pins. I used some medium duty springs on mine about 50 cents each from the local hardware store and 6 cent washers, Have not had a problem. One of the guys down the road said he lost his wheel about 5 times till he figured it out and he used some spacers from an old MMM deck from his and it worked fine. I never ran mine without the springs and washers because he freely offered his advice as I fueled up on the way home after buying it.

/ Opportunity to buy a slightly used very clean 72" county line finish mower
Yes! Apparently if you have uneven ground they slap up and down and snap off the pins. I used some medium duty springs on mine about 50 cents each from the local hardware store and 6 cent washers, Have not had a problem. One of the guys down the road said he lost his wheel about 5 times till he figured it out and he used some spacers from an old MMM deck from his and it worked fine. I never ran mine without the springs and washers because he freely offered his advice as I fueled up on the way home after buying it.

I appreciate the advice, I'll definately get some springs and washers. I went out today (finally off from work) and saw the amount of "slack" and they would move up and down for sure.

/ Opportunity to buy a slightly used very clean 72" county line finish mower #14  
You got a very good deal.

/ Opportunity to buy a slightly used very clean 72" county line finish mower #15  
You are very welcome.

One other thing I forgot to mention is the grease zerks on our wheels were so troublesome we simply changed them.