Orange Fords/Deeres in California

/ Orange Fords/Deeres in California #11  
In my area,western nc,in order, ford,massey,deere,white,david brown,kubota. this is for farmers .for landscapers,construction,etc. kubota wins hands down.also tomato farmers seems to like kubotas.

/ Orange Fords/Deeres in California #12  
Landscapers buy new tractors and farmers don't?

/ Orange Fords/Deeres in California #13  
Around here it is about like Paddock's original post. Mostly Ford/NH and JD in the larger tractors. In the compact tractors I believe it is NH, Kubota then JD. Just guessing but NH and Kubota have a much better selection of sizes and hp in the compacts than JD.

/ Orange Fords/Deeres in California #14  
I'm from Western Michigan, with a lot of the area actively farmed...

Farming: Almost exclusively John Deere, especially in the larger and newer equipment. Once in a while I'll see a Case/IH, Massey or White, but not very often - unless it's older. There are a few newer pieces of NH equipment starting to show up now.

Also, there are a lot of miscellaneous older tractors running around on hobby farms and such, just about every brand and color you could think of.

Contractors: Small tractors are usually Kobotas with John Deere being runner up. Again, I'm just recently started seeing NH boomers being used by contractors.

State: Generally state-owned equipment is painted orange in Michigan, though I don't know if this is always the case across the state. It is almost always Ford. Contractors who contact work from the state generally seem to use John Deere.

Heavy equipment: Caterpillar and John Deere are most common with a smattering of Case and different Japanese equipment. The Japanese heavy equipment does seem to be becoming more common over the last few years.

Observation - as someone else alluded to, I suspect the dealer network in a particular region has a lot to do with the sales patterns.

In my own area, John Deere is very well represented by good quality dealers. NH has a few, but not as big or slick as the JD dealers. Kubota has a few scattered about, and Case/IH doesn't have a dealer for miles around. Massey isn't very well represented at the dealer level either, though I do know of a dealer about 20 miles away.

There's probably a cause and effect at work here...

*** REAL horses weigh a ton ***

/ Orange Fords/Deeres in California #15  
8/29

Hi, al f, who is your NH dealer--Theros, by chance? They are cleaning up in Fredericksburg and probably around their other 2 NoVA locations. Have you seen any New Holland TNF tractors in the local orchards?

Hope you like your TC25--had my 1720 for 12 trouble free years,now a TN90F.

Thanks and thanks to Rat for an interesting thread,

Jim