Tractorman5438

Tractor
Kubota L4310HST
Bought the 4wd one.
Literally falling apart after 2 hours.
Returned it.
Got a 2nd one.
Took it to jobsite. Total failure.
It weighs over 900 pounds on 4 skinny tires so it sinks instantly.
The 4WD is a sham. It got stuck on a small log and only R Rear was turning.
Hydraulic cooling fan is right behind rear tire so it clogs with cuttings in less than 60 seconds.
The safety switches were malfunctioning.
The body is made out of plastic no thicker than a cheap toy.
Dont believe the videos. Those are well done camera angles to fool you.
The Brush Rover is poorly designed and poorly built. I took that second one back and got my 14780.00 refunded.

/ Orec Brush Rover #2  
Glad you got your refund!!

I had come across a video of that thing before and looked at the website.. It seemed to me to be underweight for the type of cutting it claims to do. With a mid mower you can't cut anything you can't drive over, and the thing is too light to drive over anything much thicker than what a regular riding mower would cut. It would seem to make more sense to have a front mounted cutter if you had a vehicle so small that it couldn't drive over much of anything.

Ironically, i think the stereotypical old Farmall Cub with the 42" belly mower would do a good job in most small places, assuming you could get it into that area. It has a ton of ground clearance in front of the mower and nothing really vulnerable on the bottom.. but of course it's an antique! In a more modern machine i would think adapting a flail mower to be front-mounted on something like the snowplow hardware of a 4wd SCUT would do a good job at this. I dont know offhand of anyone selling a truly 'quick connect' front flail mower for any of the SCUTs so fab work is probably required.

Do you already own anything small you could adapt some kind of rough cutter onto?

/ Orec Brush Rover #3  
Well it does look like a riding mower. 4x4 or not..if its wet enough that you need 4x4 or rough enough that you need 4x4 maybe that's not the time/place to mow.

/ Orec Brush Rover #4  
The guys doing trail work in ND seems to like theirs. If I hear a report from them I'll post it.