O'Reilly synthetic oil

/ O'Reilly synthetic oil #1  

geneP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader
I got an O'Reilly flier today advertising their brand synthetic oil for $3.49/qt. Anybody know anything about it or who makes it for them?

/ O'Reilly synthetic oil #3  
Unless its on sale thats only a little of $5 cheaper per 5 quarts than Mobil 1 at walmart.

/ O'Reilly synthetic oil #4  
I get 5 qt jugs of Mobil 1 or Vavlolin Syntec at my WalMart each and every day for $22.00 That works out to $4.40 per qt.

Chris

/ O'Reilly synthetic oil #6  
$19/gal for Rotella Synthetic. Let's see, that's..... how much a quart.....

Thats a great price. I buy that in bulk for my mowing/landscaper customer. I would guess 10 gallons a month and the best I have done is $21.99/gallon.

Chris

/ O'Reilly synthetic oil #8  
When they start selling it (O'Reilly) in the 5 qt size instead of 1 qt I might give it a try.

/ O'Reilly synthetic oil #9  
I get 5 qt jugs of Mobil 1 or Vavlolin Syntec at my WalMart each and every day for $22.00 That works out to $4.40 per qt.

Chris

And you could ask the question---"What is a new Corvette filled with?" Did you say O'Rielly's? Not hardly. Who spends the most money testing, perfecting, improving, synthetic engine oil? Mobil---or Omni?
Diamondpoint, I'd say you are on the right track, using Mobil One. Many oils can be a small percent of synthetic base stock and be called synthetic.

/ O'Reilly synthetic oil #10  
You also must think its a marketing thing to. Mobil 1 is good yes, they also have market share and brand recognition. There may also be some money paid to use it as a factory fill by Mobil.

Another thought is that would you want to buy a corvette factory filled with O'rileys oil. NOt saying its not good but this is the first tthat most of us had heard of it, and if your buying a 50-60K (no idea what they cost) corvette would you want it filled with some oil you have never heard of? I dont think they would sell well or people would also wonder what else Government Motors cheaped out on!