Out house

/ Out house #2  
How usable?

We have one at our hunting/fishing camp but we're only there about once a month in the summer/fall. We have a big bucket of lime inside. About a 1/2 cup down the hole after use does the trick.

/ Out house #4  
BeeMan,

Check out Ohio's sanitation rules/regulations. When I was
reading about NC's septic regs a few years ago, to my great
surprise they actually had a design that was required for
out houses! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Your county might be able to help as well.
The design was pretty simple but it did spec things like marine
grade plywood for the floor. That might cost a bit more but it
might prevent a fall to a place that very few have gone before
and where I never won't to go..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Later,
Dan McCarty

/ Out house #6  
On Halloween Nights long past more than one person has slipped and fallen into the honey pit.

Fortunetly it was not I.

Egon

/ Out house
Now Egon, those were the days before Motorola, and the juvenile justice system.
The real trick was to move the outhouse back a few feet without the occupant noticing, or in the case of an unoccupied outhouse, move it back and hope the owner didn't notice the distance difference in the night.
DISCLAIMER~ I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove nothin. This material is offered only for historical purposes.

/ Out house #9  
used the ole path for a long time when i was younger...not much to the design...dig a hole and put a building over it, with a place to sit that has a hole in the middle.....ours had a concrete base, every ??? years, we would dig a new hole in front/back/side of the existing one, drag the whole thing over the new hole and then put the dirt in the old hole. the seat did have a ventilation pipe, it was in the shape of a T that went across the corner of the building, you could lean back on the up/down part of the vent: don't remember ever using any lime???
heehaw