over heated my new tractor :(

/ over heated my new tractor :( #21  
SkyPup said:
Hopefully you were using synthetic motor oil.

I've switched all my vehicles over to synthetic water. It's EXPENSIVE but it works much better!

/ over heated my new tractor :( #22  
orezok said:
I've switched all my vehicles over to synthetic water. It's EXPENSIVE but it works much better!

Not if you have no air flow through the radiator. Redlines waterwetter may help temps some, but with a restricted radiator, holy water won't work. :D

/ over heated my new tractor :( #23  
flusher said:
Did the same thing with my 2005 Kubota B7510HST the first summer I used it to brush hog the weeds. Pegged the temp gauge, some overflow, no permanent damage. Just cleaned the radiator screen and continued mowing.

This is starting to sound like an AA meeting.;) It's nice to know others have been in the same predicament and survived.

/ over heated my new tractor :(
all turned out ok. filled up and washed the VERY dirty radiator next morning and it ran fine. but the flasher button light stayed on all day and eventually burned out....

have a good one

/ over heated my new tractor :( #25  
I did did the same thing, the thistle and cotton wood fuzz clogged up the screen and the tractor overheated.

Once I realized it was over heating I turned off the motor, removed the clogged screen and re-started the motor, I still had fluid in the resevoir. In my limited mechanical skills getting fluid moving again to cool the motor back down to normal is a good thought.

steve