Over Heating

/ Over Heating #11  
<snip>
50/50 coolant to distilled water is the mix.
<snip>

Technically, 65-70% antifreeze is the best for both freeze and boil protection. Above 70%, heat transfer and other problems arise. 50/50 is just easier. :)

But again ... first step is to fully clean out the radiator screen & fins. This might be the only problem, and since its free, should be your first step

Ditto.

Last edited:
   / Over Heating #12  
I just went through this on my machine. Although completely different in design here is what I found.

First. Inspect you radiator. This does not mean just taking a look. It means get a white sheet of paper and some light on it and really look closely at the fins. Look through the radiator at the white paper. I found on my machine that even with a goid cleaning plan I got dirt caked onto 20% of the fins.

But my thought is that your thermostat has failed. Take it out and test it or if it is cheap just replace it. Mine was stuck partially open. Radiator got warm but never hot....

After this it can be an internal issue on your radiator but that is usually not sudden or that something failed in your water pump but that usually identifies itself with sparing water or grinding noises.