Oversteering

/ Oversteering #1  

gbn722

Tractor
Kubota BX2350
Sometimes when I use my BX2350, the steering is so loose you can't control very easy when moving at mowing speed. This problem is not every time, but occurs. Anyone have any ideas on the problem.

/ Oversteering #2  
Sounds like air in the hydraulic line. Have you checked the hyd fluid level?

/ Oversteering #3  
Have you tighten up the front axle ajuster. It's the bolt in front and center of the axle. It also has a jam nut on it. My manual for bx2660 calls for 15" lbs. but check your manual. Check all ball joints.

/ Oversteering
Fluid is full and I checked bolt early in the summer. I will recheck.

/ Oversteering #5  
Do the tie rods have play? Is the front end in alignment? Are you still running Kubota tires?

/ Oversteering #6  
It sounds like the steering cylinder is leaking internally. A common problem on the BX machines. Get a repair kit from your dealer and fix it, assuming the warranty is over.

/ Oversteering
I'm thinking the internal leak. Anyone know the part # or name of kit. Thanks

/ Oversteering #8  
I had a similar problem on my BX2350. The problem for me is that you cannot grease the original ball joints. Then I pulled out the cutter pins and unsrewded the nuts under both tie rod ends :they were really loose. Just pulled out the tie rod by lifting them and found that they were dry and dusty! I cleaned them with air,drilled a hole on top of each,tapped in and installed a small zirt ( make sure to blow out all metal residue before).Reinstalled the tie rods back in place ,tightening the nuts,then loosening them ½ a turn and made sure that everything was moving free,locked with the cutter pin ,and pumped grease in the zirts until I could see it coming out. I know I drive my tractor hard,cleaning snow in driveways and landscaping, but regular greasing and maintenance is important.