Paint Question

/ Paint Question #1  

HAR

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B7300 (1999)
I was thinking of repairing a few paint issues on my tractor. I went on line and did a search on Kubota Orange and found that Krylon lists two available, "Old Kubota Orange" and also "New Kubota Orange".
I have read where people have bought the paint and it did not match what they were painting. My question is this. Does anyone know when or approximate year when Kubota changed their paint color/shade? I.E., what year did the color shade change. It might help me match better? While I am more interested in protecting the metal, I would like it to match somewhat. Rust-Oleum also is supposed to have a Kubota Orange that some say is a good match, but I am having problems locating a source.

/ Paint Question #2  
If protecting metal is more important than ultimate appearance, my opinion is that brush-on is often a better choice than rattle-can spray-on. I bought a carton of 2 x 1qt cans of Rustoleum Farm and Implement "Kubota Orange" (no designation old or new) from Home depot that matches my 2013 tractor pretty well.

The "Old Kubota Orange" is somewhat lighter, duller, and more faded looking. Before I bought the new paint I mixed "Sunburst Yellow" that I had used on some JD equipment with some bright red (both Rustoleum) and got a more faded orange than the "Kubota Orange".

Last edited:
   / Paint Question #3  
Someone has posted a chart from Messicks that ID'd the paint colors.
Some report the New orange matches Chevrolet orange engine paint.
I think your B7300 is the New orange.
Good Luck!

/ Paint Question
Thanks much
I will try and find a paint and will advise what luck I have

/ Paint Question #5  
Since OEM paint fades so much, new paint is hard to match.

Kubota paint at dealer works well but is expensive. Both spray and qt cans.

Used rust oleum Husqvarna orange. Close color match but poor paint. Use this brand in many other colors and projects with no problems.

Mystic from TSC or Rural King both spray and can. Petty good paint and color match 1/3 cost of dealer. $46 gallon has painted several attachment projects.

/ Paint Question #6  
I've used Kubota paint that was sourced from the dealer, both orange and grey. Seemed to work fine.

/ Paint Question #7  
I built a bracket/line guard for my L48 3rd function hoses and used the "new" Kubota paint. Though the paint on the machine is somewhat faded, I think the new color looks appropriate.
IMG_3323.jpeg

/ Paint Question #8  
Krylon "new Kubota orange" is garbage. It fades to pink just weeks after applying.