Pallet fork width adjustment

/ Pallet fork width adjustment #1  

sheamus

Silver Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT2035HST
So I found an old set of pallet forks on our property.
I removed the mounting brackets (allis-chalmers) on them, and added a quick-attach bracket.
The left fork adjusts in/out to change the spacing between the two forks. The problem is that the sliding is really rough in some spots and loose in others, so it slides out of place. So this weekend, I added a drill powered adjustment. It works well; it is much better than beating it over with a hammer, so I thought I would share. Don't judge me for my welding skills. :(

/ Pallet fork width adjustment #2  
So I found an old set of pallet forks on our property.
I removed the mounting brackets (allis-chalmers) on them, and added a quick-attach bracket.
The left fork adjusts in/out to change the spacing between the two forks. The problem is that the sliding is really rough in some spots and loose in others, so it slides out of place. So this weekend, I added a drill powered adjustment. It works well; it is much better than beating it over with a hammer, so I thought I would share. Don't judge me for my welding skills. :(

It looks like a job well done to me. You took something you found and adapted them to work on what you already have. You did good sir.