Pallet forks for CK3510?

/ Pallet forks for CK3510? #1  

LMychajluk

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE
Any preference? Looking at the lightweight Kioti or the EA Small Compact Forks. Both 42" and 2200#, but the Kioti are slightly heavier. The frames are a bit different, though I'm not sure one has an advantage over the other. If they're within ~$50 of each other, which would you choose (or other)?

Don't really need more than 2200# capacity. Loader maxes out at 1930#. Mostly for moving stuff around occasionally and maybe eventually being able to stack implements up on a shelf.

TIA!

/ Pallet forks for CK3510? #2  
I think the EA forks will have a better view , But the kioti forks will keep more stuff from poking through the frame of the forks

/ Pallet forks for CK3510? #3  
Heavier duty forks are almost always a good idea. It is too easy to have almost all of the load on the end of one fork and light weight/cheap ones WILL bend and that will make using them in the future very unpleasant (I have had 4 forklifts over the years and have had this happen). I bought a set of forks for my tractor from palletforks.com (Titan) for about $525 delivered. Chinese booger welds but lot of them with decent penetration. The forks themselves are certified and seem to be good quality. These are the 48" long 4000 pound rated FRLD48 set. 48" forks are good for reaching all the way into the pickup bed to load and unload things and the 4K rating means that I did not bend them when I picked up my 3000 pound cultimulcher off of the trailer by hooking it pretty close to the end of the forks. No matter what you do, fork visibility on a tractor sucks except when doing high work, trying to delicately pick up something at ground level is unpleasant without a spotter because your really cannot see what you are doing.

/ Pallet forks for CK3510? #4  
+1 on saving yourself some money and buying from palletforks.com (Titan). You probably wont find a better price locally.

/ Pallet forks for CK3510? #5  
I have the EA forks and have been really pleased so far.

/ Pallet forks for CK3510?
Thanks for the thoughts.

I don't want to go to heavy and sacrifice lifting capacity, but how 'bout these - Titan Skid Steer 48" Pallet Fork & Trailer Hitch Attachment Bobcat Case Kubota
Edit - Or UA Made in the USA 48" Pallet Fork & Trailer Hitch Skid Steer Attachment

48" forks (good point about reaching into a pickup bed), 3k# capacity is twice anything I'd probably try and lift, and the hitch receiver may come in handy for moving a trailer around. All for less than $500. Not much protection in the frame, but I think that won't be much of an issue for me, and the visibility would be a bit better(?).

Edit 2 - With a bit more 'frame' - 48" Pallet Fork Attachment Tractor Forks Kubota Holland skid steer quick tach

/ Pallet forks for CK3510? #7  
I've been happy with mine, you won't be lifting more than 1300 lbs. on a pallet with 42" forks and 450 lbs. of counterweight on the back end, but the extra strength is there when the load gets bouncing a little!

/ Pallet forks for CK3510? #9  
We have the 36" Forks / Hay Spear combo from Titan
Titan Skid Steer 36" Pallet Fork 49" Hay Bale Spear Trailer Hitch Attachment

They work great and I have no complaints with them at all. What I have found is that we seldom ever use them.

These were our first attachment and we had big plans for moving "stuff" including brush, logs, fence posts, etc. (But not pallets oddly enough)

Finally I convinced Dad that a grapple was the way to go, we bought one and haven't looked back. About the only time we put them on now is in the winter to move a round bale of hay every once in a while (mostly they are unloaded off the truck where we want them already).

Everyones needs are different and if you need forks I think you'll be happy with any of the offerings from Titan for the money invested.

/ Pallet forks for CK3510?
I would recommend "edit 2"

I'll probably go with those. Thanks, guys!

Edit - @N2DFire - I'll be getting a grapple as well. The forks would be mostly for unloading stuff (other implements) delivered via freight, moving things around near the garage, and I have this idea to build some shelves so I can store the implements and larger items around the garage on pallets that I can then put up on the shelves.