Parts ?

/ Parts ? #1  

Sighombre

I have been looking at a new 6000. The price, with rebate and 0% interest, seem like good deals and I have been receiving/reading good reports on the tractor. I do have a fear that in 10 years I won't be able to buy parts for this brand and if I ever decide to resale it, there won't be a market for it. What does everyone think? Thank you.

/ Parts ? #2  
Mahindra is the third largest tractor company in the world. They are serious about the USA market and sales growth for us dealers has been excellent. I suspect they will be around a long time and gain more and more market share. On resale, factor in how much you are saving up front and I think you will see that overall they are a bargain even though they will bring less than a JD used.

/ Parts ? #3  
Sighombre,

I forgot...welcome to TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I've been on many sites and this one is by far and away the best.

/ Parts ? #4  
2WD or 4WD? At any rate I highly doubt parts will be a problem in the future. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Parts ? #5  
Welcome to TBN:
Parts are not something to worry about, Mahindra has been involved with the U.S. since WWII and in the tractor buissiness since around 1960. As Dave said, they are the 3rd largest tractor manufacture in the world, there dealer network in growing strong. As far as resale i think alot of people who bought Kubota's when they came into the country thought the same thing. We have only had 1 used Mahindra that a customer sold because of a family issue, had it fo approx a year had around 50hrs on it if i remember correctly and he lost 1,000 on it i don't consider that too bad. I think you'll be happy with a Mahindra, we have sold quite a few 6000 and 6500 tractors out there and everyone has been very pleased.
Tractors also have been very reliable.
Good luck with your purchase.

/ Parts ? #8  
Nope. The 6000 or "00" series tractors are a recent/new design. I've been around old iron for over 50 years (I'm 53 and my first ever rememberance is sitting on my Dad's lap with my hands on the steering wheel of a 1950 Ford 8N. I was three then so my Dad said). I'm impressed the amount of steel and the effortless power of the 00 series which is made at very low rpm (PTO rated at less than 2000 rpm.)
BobG in VA