Pat's and Grand L40's

/ Pat's and Grand L40's #1  

Rolando

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat High Flow Turbo C-series
Is anybody using the Pat's Easy Change on a Grand L40 tractor? I don't actually have the tractor, but it seems from the photographs that there may not be 4 inches of straight arm. I'm also curious about whether the length of the upper link has been a problem with not enough reach. I'm going to get the Top-n-tilt, so I'll have a hydraulic upper arm.

/ Pat's and Grand L40's #2  
Rolando said:
Is anybody using the Pat's Easy Change on a Grand L40 tractor? I don't actually have the tractor, but it seems from the photographs that there may not be 4 inches of straight arm. I'm also curious about whether the length of the upper link has been a problem with not enough reach. I'm going to get the Top-n-tilt, so I'll have a hydraulic upper arm.

I find that Pats are not needed due the telescopeing links.

/ Pat's and Grand L40's #3  
I put a set of Pat's on my FILs L3830. There was enough room. I haven't used it since and that been a few months, but he hasn't said anything about needing a longer top link.

/ Pat's and Grand L40's #4  
I have a grand L 3540 and use the Pat's sysytem. I can literally change implements in under a minute with the system...IT IS GREAT!!! There is plenty of room for the system. The telescoping rods did help, but they work even better with Pat's on the end....they will hlep to release any stress on the bolts to allow the Pat's system to unhinge. By the way, I use a 5' bushhog, 6' finish mower, 6' box blade and 8' disc with the system. The top link has not been a problem either!

My Dad grew up on a farm and he could not believe how easy it is.

/ Pat's and Grand L40's #5  
I have had Pat's system on my L-3130 with telescoping links and the TNT rear hydraulics setup for the last five years and it works excellent.

I can quickly and easily change out any of our many rear implements in a couple of seconds and I still have all my fingers intact too! Not to mention I was able to do it all by myself without any assistance from anyone else:D

/ Pat's and Grand L40's
What about which version to get? The Kubota brochure specs for this model says the 3pt hitch is Cat I&II. So which Pat's do I get? I know that I want to end up using Cat 1 implements, but do I get the version that hooks up to a Cat 2, but gives you a connection for Cat 1, or the Cat 1 to Cat 1 version. If I then need a bushing to connect the Pat's to the tractor, it seems it would be better to get the Cat 2 to Cat 1 version. What do you think?

/ Pat's and Grand L40's #7  
Category 1....that is what I got

/ Pat's and Grand L40's
Should have expanded on that. Up to the L4740's they're only Cat-1, but the L5040, L5240 and L5740's say Cat 1 and 2. Does anybody have one of the latter units with the Pat's Easy Change?

/ Pat's and Grand L40's #9  
If all your implements are cat #1 and you don't have any plans for larger ones, then cat #1 is your best bet. You might want to measure your lift arms. The receiver is 1-3/8" wide and 3-1/2" tall on the cat #1. If your arms are larger then you will need cat #2. If you need cat #2 to cat #1 just put that in the comment section of your order and we will take care of it.

Pat of Pat's Easy Change