Picked up a used L3000 last Thursday...

/ Picked up a used L3000 last Thursday... #1  

dooleysm

Platinum Member
Thanks to all who provided invaluable information on here. I picked up a 2002 L3000 last Thursday. It came with a 60" FEL and a 60" rear mount finish mower. It had 202 hours on it (208 now) and is ready for the 200 hour service.

I've got a Kubota oil filter and air filter that the seller gave me, along with the owner's manual. I read up on the 200 hour service, but don't remember exactly what I'm supposed to do. It looked relatively doable by even a novice mechanic like me.

Anyone have any tips or hints or anything I should know or be aware of before attempting this service this weekend?

/ Picked up a used L3000 last Thursday... #2  
Just did an oil change on our L5030 HSTC and was surprised how much oil it holds! Got both sides of the sump drained and refilled. The 30 series almost require a funnel to refill the oil, might want to check before.

/ Picked up a used L3000 last Thursday... #3  
Congradulations, you will enjoy the L3000. I have had one for three years, and it is bullet proof. Kubota makes improved products today, but these are the tractors they made their reputation on. I've found that it can do more than the Super C it replaced. It's a little workhorse. Bob