Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor
I finished it up this morning early and drug everything back home and watched the noon news on the TV while I ate lunch, this Raven GPS that I put in my tractor has been a game changer for putting out fertilizer , spraying weed spray or pesticides as it let's you get it down to within inches of your last pass, I remember the days of stepping off and marking with flags or ribbon, then foam marker came out, but IMO these GPS units are the ticket
20240423_090605.jpg

Today's job was a little 10 acre parcel that I mow 2 or 3 times a year, owner has been trying to sell it for 2 years but I suspect that the restrictions from the HOA are what turns potential buyers away, I don't know why anyone would purchase property with an HOA in charge of what you can and can't do.
20240424_073037.jpg
20240424_073041.jpg
20240424_125739.jpg
20240424_123718.jpg
20240424_125754.jpg
20240424_123725.jpg

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #433  
Today's job was a little 10 acre parcel that I mow 2 or 3 times a year, owner has been trying to sell it for 2 years but I suspect that the restrictions from the HOA are what turns potential buyers away, I don't know why anyone would purchase property with an HOA in charge of what you can and can't do.
Usually a too high asking price, deed restrictions, location and the cost/extent of restrictions from the HOA have the most effect in turning potential buyers away than just existence of an HOA in and of itself. Some HOA's are very limited in what they can restrict and are very reasonable in their cost. A neighborhood outside a city who does not want to depend n the county for road maintainence in their subdivision may create a HOA for the limited purpose of keeping streets maintained for example. And it depends on what you want to do with it and what you want your neighbors to be allowed to do. That highline easement may also adversely affect the diesirability of that tract.

A nice property, priced right, good location, reasonable deed restrictions and low or minimal HOA fees will usually sell quickly every day.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #434  
Today's job was a little 10 acre parcel that I mow 2 or 3 times a year, owner has been trying to sell it for 2 years but I suspect that the restrictions from the HOA are what turns potential buyers away, I don't know why anyone would purchase property with an HOA in charge of what you can and can't do. View attachment 864118View attachment 864119View attachment 864120View attachment 864121View attachment 864122View attachment 864123
You mow that one with a skidloader?

How long does that one take if you do use the skid?

You mow that one with a skidloader?

How long does that one take if you do use the skid?
No I mow that with one of my tractors, I try to keep the skidsteer off of those types of jobs and stick to forestry mowing with it, I can do a decent job mowing grass with it but it won't be near as uniform as with the tractor and you have to be gentle everytime you turn as the tracks are rough on the grass.

/ Pictures from a skid steer mowing contractor #436  
No I mow that with one of my tractors, I try to keep the skidsteer off of those types of jobs and stick to forestry mowing with it, I can do a decent job mowing grass with it but it won't be near as uniform as with the tractor and you have to be gentle everytime you turn as the tracks are rough on the grass.
I kinda figured. That didnt look like a skid mower cut, and not as efficient.

There are a few people around me that use a skid. I refer them alot of work thats just too much for me to want to subject a tractor to. And likewise, they refer me some of the larger open fields of just weeds/grasses as I can mow them about twice as fast

Today's work was tearing up a couple of fields in preparation to plant them in some Tiff Quick bahaia in the upcoming weeks, nothing like good black dirt for farming, this whole area that I live in used to be nothing but row crop farms, those days are gone as it's now farms split into 5 acre parcels and a house, I'm gonna keep holding out as long as I'm able to, hope everyone has a good weekend.
20240426_123840.jpg
20240426_124804.jpg
20240426_124727.jpg