Pin Mystery... where's it go?

/ Pin Mystery... where's it go? #11  
Re: Pin Mystery... where\'s it go?

dholly -

I'll have to 4th (?!? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ) the on-going thinking that it's for the drop bar.... if you click this 3PH Picture - if you look carefully under the rear PTO - I'm pretty sure you can spot the clip in the bottom of the drop retainer pin.

I knew I saw / have removed this clip "one or twice" before - the drawbar posts jogged my memory. We sure have some sharp-eyed folks here at TBN! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope that helps,

Dan

/ Pin Mystery... where's it go? #12  

dholly,
Definitely, the drawbar clip. I had a piece of underbrush pull mine out one day. I found the clip but did not find the pin until the next summer when the neighbor kids found it in the woods. I now use a 3/16" linch pin and install the drawbar pin from the bottom up and put the linch pin so it's on top of the drawbar. Haven't lost one since /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Bill

/ Pin Mystery... where's it go?

It is indeed the clip for the drawbar pin. Why they used such a large, shaped clip like that for a drawbar pin makes no sense to me?! I have been doing some pretty tough brush clearing and the casualty list so far includes the drawbar pin clip (found), both lower arm lynch pins (lost) and plastic (?) grip for the MMM front bracket release handle (lost). The handle also now has a lovely custom curve in it as well, most probably tripped the release pin pushing back the brush pile. I think I will flip the drawbar pin, thanks for that tip, might even change out the pin clip style too. Thanks all for solving the little mystery. I'm learning - zip tied all the 'at-risk' pins and handles, etc., last night. Hope that helps save some hardware.