Pinned On Backhoe Teeth, I Have One Inching It's Way Out.

/ Pinned On Backhoe Teeth, I Have One Inching It's Way Out. #1  

drizler

Platinum Member
I have a Massey backhoe about a year and a half old. One of the little pins that holds one of the center teeth in place is starting to work its way out. I tried to tap it in with a hammer but of course the next tooth keeps me from getting a good swing at it. What's the recommended way to coax that thing back in?:confused2:.

/ Pinned On Backhoe Teeth, I Have One Inching It's Way Out. #2  
Might try a palm nailer, that is what I use instead of a hammer in tight corners.

/ Pinned On Backhoe Teeth, I Have One Inching It's Way Out. #3  
You just need a rod or bar to hammer it in. (like an extension) Lay it down on the next tooth over to make as "straight" a shot as you can. They do make a pin tool that is struck by a hammer, but they are intended for much larger machines and disigned for pin removal.

/ Pinned On Backhoe Teeth, I Have One Inching It's Way Out.
I think the next door tooth is blocking any sort of straight shot at the pin. That's the issue. I'll try sticking my field bar in there against another pry bar and maybe it will give me the straight press I need in that tight area.

/ Pinned On Backhoe Teeth, I Have One Inching It's Way Out. #5  
Can you get a C clamp on both sides to squeeze it home?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using TractorByNet

/ Pinned On Backhoe Teeth, I Have One Inching It's Way Out. #6  
I think you could try a mecanics air hammer if you own one. They do a great job with a drift pin in them.

/ Pinned On Backhoe Teeth, I Have One Inching It's Way Out.
I should have thought of the C clamp myself. durhhhhh. Must have had a Homer Simpson Moment. That's about all that will fit in there, it's only a 16" bucket. I'll give the clamp a whirl next time I work on it.