Plowing snow with a tracked Bobcat

/ Plowing snow with a tracked Bobcat #1  

XM16E1

Tractor
None Yet
My new Bobcat T770 should be delivered next week. Living in North Pole, Alaska I would also enjoy using it to plow snow. Currently using my F350 with plow to keep about 3 acres cleared during the winter. Truck can be hard to get into tight spaces and doesn't stack the snow very high.

I've been warned that tracked skidsteers can get stuck pretty easily on snow/ice. Wondering if there is any kind of cables or chains out there designed to give them more traction. The only caveat is I'm intending to park it on the garage so its nice and toasty before I fire it up. I do not want to damage my concrete floor. Solved easy enough by laying down some plywood or thick rubber matting. However we have a 30'x60' concrete approach apron that will need to be kept clear. I do not want to damage that concrete either.

Only thing I've heard of so far is studding the tracks but that doesn't seem very appealing.

/ Plowing snow with a tracked Bobcat #2  
All I can tell you is that a few years ago I had to rent a skidsteer for some demo work inside a boiler house. It was in the Winter, and the nationally-known rental outfit had nothing available locally. All the wheeled SS's were rented for the cold months by snow removal outfits. They could send as many tracked machines as I wanted.

/ Plowing snow with a tracked Bobcat #3  
My cousin runs a rental place and he said the CTL's ride rough when plowing snow. The tracks are cold and stiff and riding on the rear sprocket isn't smooth. You can get winter snow tracks as a option too.

/ Plowing snow with a tracked Bobcat #4  
I’m in Minnesota. I have a CTL. I tried one at the dealership and was surprised how bad it was on the dealer’s packed snow and ice lot. Dealer swapped the Kubota tracks for something advertised as snow tracks he said customers reported being happy with. I was really pleased. CTL was delivered in early January and my L6060, my normal snow remover, sat idle the rest of the winter. I could clear the snow in half the time using the CTL.